50th anniversary London-Shanghai overland journey?

A friend saw a Land Rover in or near Birmingham with a sign on it from a '50th anniversary London-Shanghai overland journey'. I've never heard of this trip, and can't find any mention of it on Google. Does anybody have some info on it, sounds like the kind of journey I've been looking for. David

1973 SIII SWB.
Reply to
DavidM