7 seat conversion

My missus in her infinite wisdom has nominated me to drive to Plymouth next week with one of our friends and her daughter. 'No problem' she says. 'One of us can sit in the boot'

Umm, NO.

Anyone got a 7 seat conversion kit for sale preferably beige for my Lreg Discovery? I will obviously come and collect and could dismantle if prefered.

Ben 'the taxi driver'

Reply to
Ben & Claire

On or around Sat, 17 Jun 2006 11:36:42 GMT, "Ben & Claire" enlightened us thusly:

someone was complaining that they were in the way in the back of his... I reckon you need to get together.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I can do you a beige interiored ES v8i Disco with 7 seats in it if you'd like

Nearly right though Austin - as much as they get in the way - SWMBO is doing the work so my massive hands are safe :-)

Si

Reply to
GrnOval

On or around Sat, 17 Jun 2006 14:01:56 +0100, "GrnOval" enlightened us thusly:

hehe. it wasn't you thought, 'twas the other chap. and yes, right PITA getting at the rear lamp bulbholders with the seats in place.

4 torx screws (or was it 6?) and they come out, though - as a short-term solution for the OP it ought to be possible to borrow one. Not that they're that good for adult- or near-adult-sized people for a long journey. OK for kids though.
Reply to
Austin Shackles

that would be me Austin if Ben is handy for Manchester Airport he can drop me a line (remove nospam first of course) he can buy it off me or just borrow it as I posted I don't really need it thing is I've changed the bulbs for Leds so its not really a problem the other bulbs (indicator and hi-int fog )are easy to play with , mind you they make a nice toybox to replace the seats so it might be an idea.

Derek No I do not have tourettes I own a land rover :-)

Reply to
Derek

Many thanks Guys but I found a set in Wigan, took the old girl for a blast up M5 and M6 today and picked them up. £60 didnt seem too bad to me, especially as the chap stayed on late on a Saturday to strip them out of the truck he had.

Now all I have to do is assemble the jigsaw puzzle. Seriously though it does not look too bad. Many Thanks Ben

Reply to
Ben & Claire

On or around Sat, 17 Jun 2006 19:39:50 GMT, "Ben & Claire" enlightened us thusly:

's more a hassle getting the torx key in there.

2 links to the bottom and 4 links to 2 screws at the top, ISTR. and sundry odd spacers and washers which make it work nicer but are not essential.
Reply to
Austin Shackles

: > Nearly right though Austin - as much as they get in the way - SWMBO is doing : > the work so my massive hands are safe :-) : >

: > Si : : We might be interested in any interior bits, particularly seats, if they'll : fit into a 1990 Discovery V8i. Are they the half leather or full leather : seats? : : -- : Nikki

Hi Nikki,

i'm not breaking the disco (yet) although the thing as a whole has to go asafp - its this years Hay money and i'm going to get shouted at (unless you lot (any afl'ers)) want to sponsor a bale (or a pone) http:\\

\bale2.asp) I think its a full leather interior (SWMBO confirms this)

Si

Reply to
GrnOval

in article snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, GrnOval at snipped-for-privacy@merlion-consultants.freeserve.co.uk wrote on 17/6/06 2:01 pm:

We might be interested in any interior bits, particularly seats, if they'll fit into a 1990 Discovery V8i. Are they the half leather or full leather seats?

Reply to
Nikki

condition? age? mileage? location? pics?

Reply to
William Tasso

in article snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, GrnOval at snipped-for-privacy@merlion-consultants.freeserve.co.uk wrote on 17/6/06 11:12 pm:

Bruce has just read your message and he says he's definately interested in the seats and wants to know

What year, is it running, got any MOT etc and how much would you want for the whole thing? How much for the seats if you did break it? Where abouts are?

We've had a recent problem with the air compressor/air suspension on the Disco II and have decided that once it has been resolved, its going in the paper. Bruce would rather spend money on sorting the old Disco out. Its had an engine re-build and its passed its MOT, been taxed and insured but the interior has been badly abused by four kids and really needs sorting out.

Reply to
Nikki