71 s2a - webber carb question & float height

I'm having problems getting a project car to run right. It starts & runs okay on the choke but after a couple of minutes, it suddenly runs real rough and then dies. During this two minutes I'm backing off the choke trying to avoid an over rich mixture. The plugs are pretty black indicating too rich. Seems no matter what tune I play with the choke it will dies after this couple of minutes. I've had the top off the carb and blown thru all the jets - nothing abnormal looking. Compression is good as is timing.

One question I do have though concerns float height measurement. I got a figure of 7mm from a web site somewhere but no indication of what should be measured.

Steve

Reply to
steve d

I had the same on my 2,25 with Weber 34ict. Had to strip carb completely and blow out all passages and jets with air. No more problems. Never played with float levels but I do have the problem of fuel boiling out of the bowl when engine shut down under very hot engine operations. Good luck. James Cape Town

Reply to
jamsan