80" Truck Cab on a 86" Series 1 - will it fit?

Hi people,

As title, will a truck cab from a 80" fit an 86"? I dont know where the 6" has gone (said the wife) do they lose it at the front end or back end?

Help appreciated.

Rog

Reply to
Rog

Hi people,

As title, will a truck cab from a 80" fit an 86"? I dont know where the 6" has gone (said the wife) do they lose it at the front end or back end?

Help appreciated.

Rog

Reply to
Rog

On or around Tue, 23 Dec 2003 08:38:03 +0000 (UTC), "Rog" enlightened us thusly:

longer at the back, ISTR. so it depends on your definition of "fit", really.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Thanks Austin,

but what does ISTR stand for?

Reply to
Rog

On or around Tue, 23 Dec 2003 10:49:32 +0000 (UTC), "Rog" enlightened us thusly:

I Seem To Recall.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Yet another acronym to remember!

I have been told it will fit but a slight issue with the rubber seals (a guy from Dunsfold told me that one?)

Reply to
Rog

The 80 and 86 are more or less totally different vehicles apart from the axles and possibly the engine and transmission (depending on the age of the 80). The windscreen frame is certainly different so you might have problems securing it and sealing it. The body tub and bulkhead are also different. I'd try it for size before parting with any cash.

The 6 inches primarily went into the load area, possibly a bit in the "cab" as well, as the seat boxes are completely different between 80 and 86.

Unfortunately my 80 is not to hand so I can't do a measured comparison for you.

Gordon

166 (80+86!)
Reply to
Gordon