8274 onto a disco 300tdi

Hi

I have an 8274 that I stole off my SerIII that is gathering dust in my garage. I thought I would hold onto it in the hope that I will get a defender one day. Since that prospect now seems far off, I am thinking about putting it into my Disco. I am told that the 8274 is too heavy for a disco. Has anyone any experience of this?

I found that on the serIII the 8274 had a severe effect on cooling. I cannot aford this on the disco. Bear in mind I am in South Africa and tow regularly. Any experiences vis a vie disco tdi's?

Assuming that it will not kill the front suspension and completely block the cooling system, does anyone have a schematic for fabricating a front bumper that would hold an 8274, without sticking 2 feet in front of the vehicle. A tow bar would also be nice!

TIA Stephen

Reply to
Fanie

Stephen Hi,

does the 8274 compare in size with the Superwinch Husky? If it does (apart from the significantly increased height of the 8274) then I guess you can fit it on a Disco. Camel Trophy evented 200 and 300 Tdi Discos were fitted with Husky winches but the winch mount used is NO LONGER available in the UK. But it can be reproduced here in Greece if you are interested.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos