9.5" Clutch assembly instead of 9"?

Hi,

during my engine rebuild I wonder if I can exchange my whole 9" clutch assembly (clutch plate and pressure plate assembly) against the newer, bigger and better? and last but not least, much cheaper 9.5" assembly?

Raoul

Reply to
Raoul Donschachner

On or around Sat, 3 Jan 2004 20:35:57 +0100, das_liest snipped-for-privacy@don-moto.at (Raoul Donschachner) enlightened us thusly:

only if the flywheel will accept it. You need a) machined surface in the right place for the bigger plate and b) the clutch mounting holes in the same places.

Oh and it'd help if the release bearing (i.e. the overall height of the clutch above the flywheel face) was in the same place.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Hm, there is only 1 flywheel in the parts book but a "dowel locating clutch cover plate" has to be 3 off on the larger clutch. Whatever that means. But the flywheel should be the same as there is just one part number, have you seen different ones?

Raoul

Reply to
Raoul Donschachner

On or around Sun, 4 Jan 2004 12:32:02 +0100, das_liest snipped-for-privacy@don-moto.at (Raoul Donschachner) enlightened us thusly:

nope. I was just commenting about what to expect from changing clutches. If there's only one flywheel listed, you stand a chance that the clutch cover will fit.

Reply to
Austin Shackles