90 front spring mount

Hiya all,

We've a '93 Defender 90 200TDi. For no real reason I was looking underneath and noticed the nearside front road spring top mount has rusted and left a gap on the front gusset, (the triangular bit of metal that joins/joined the top of the mount to the side of the chassis) The rear gusset is sound and it doesn't "look" like the top mount has moved but how big a deal is this? I'll get it welded this weekend before I go to Frickley but I just wondered if I should be looking for something a bit more serious.

Thanks in advance for any input.

pottsy

Reply to
m1

There's no strength at all if the rear gusset moves, get it done right away. I'd check all the rest while you're at it, I've had issues with chassis corrosion on a '93/'94. Might have been a bad batch of metal same as the early Series 3s around '72, those rotted badly.

Martin

Reply to
Oily