90/series swivels

Does anyone know if the chrome swivels on a 90 are the same as for a series 3 apart from the bolt holes for mounting to the axle? I have a 90 front axle and I'm think about putting the front hubs/discs etc onto my series 3 I want to keep the original axle and suspension So as I see it I have 2 options Either weld up the holes where it mounts to the axle and re-drill them or fit the hubs etc to the chrome swivels (if they fit)

I don't really have time to strip it just yet if they don't fit

Any thoughts?

Andy

Reply to
Andy.Smalley

I don't know about the bolt holes but I 'think' you may have a half shaft problem - the 90 axle is about 4 wider track and is different at the outer end

Pete

Reply to
Peter Goodrum

The halfshaft aren't a problem I am going to fit the 90 halfshafts I just have to get them shortened by about 80mm each but I was hoping to fit the hub, stub and disc etc to the old chrome swivel but not sure if its the same size. It looks like it ,the 90 swivels are pitted but the series 3 are like new so I don't want to buy new 90 ones to weld up if you see what I mean

Andy

Reply to
Andy.Smalley