96 Discovery Electric Seat switches....

All,

After moving the passenger seat forwards yesterday on my '96 Discovery, it now won't move back. I swapped over the switches situated on the side of the cubby box and it moved back fine using the drivers switch - so the motors are OK.

Before I take the switch apart and try to fix it I was wondering if anyone else has purchased these switches and how much/where from.

I've looked on Paddocks but not listed....

cheers Gavin

Reply to
datchworthdisco

Ah well, you're not looking in the right place ;-)

PRC8096 Seat Switches RH - Disco I from TA163104 or from TA501920/ RRC from FA £106.92 inc VAT

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

.=2E.. with repect Richard I don't think I'm looking in the right place there either :-)))

=A3106 + VAT !!!!

.=2E.time to get some some shorter legged passenger's....where's my screwdriver.....

cheers anyway, Gavin

Reply to
datchworthdisco

LR's list price is £115.14 + VAT. They are not available from the aftermarket suppliers.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Hi,

See the link below, this is how I fixed those flimsily LR bits of junk : All,

Reply to
Greg_False

Cheers Greg - nice switches, where did they come from...?

I opened up the switch this evening - well it exploded on me really...springs/ball bearings/contacts etc...

Anywaythe bottom line is I fixed it. It was full of dust and general crap. A quick clean up and 'remodelling' of the contacts and it's now working as it should be.

cheers Gavin

Reply to
datchworthdisco

Hi,

They are Astra electric window switches mounted on phenolic board.

Regards Greg

Reply to
Greg False