98 US Disco, Regular or Supreme gas?

Just bought a 98 Discovery and was wondering if it is safe to put regular gas ie 87 octane? Thanks, D

Reply to
SanDog

On or around Wed, 27 Oct 2004 16:06:59 -0700, "SanDog" enlightened us thusly:

bloody hell, do you still have that over there?

it'd run better on super, I spect. over here we have unleaded at 95 RON and super at 98 RON. 87 sounds a bit low, unless perchance it's the other kind of octane number, but I don't think anyone uses those any more.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Run it on Supreme - last time I was over there gas was only $1.30!! we pay the eqivalent of about $7 a gallon

If gas was $1.30 here I'd have a 4.6 in my lawnmower :-)

Reply to
StaffBull

The manual on my 97 NAS V8 Defender says 90 octane. I think it's the same engine as the Disco.

Reply to
Charlie Choc

Premium has been around $2.70/Gal lately. I guess I still shouldn't complain.

Thanks for the advice.

Reply to
jean f k