9pm tonight!

Hi folks, my son just spotted a program about the Land Rover Owners Show at Peterborough - it's showing on Men & Motors tonight at 9pm! At least it doesn't clash with much else, so we'll be settling down to watch it!

Reply to
Jane Edwards

Glad I have got SKY+ as I guarantee it will coincide with something she wants to watch. Even if she doesn't really want to watch it! ;-)

Reply to
Foxhunter

On or around 6/10/03 7:19 pm, Foxhunter using , in article ID Gmigb.4370$ snipped-for-privacy@wards.force.net, scribbled:

I know what you mean! Except in our house it was always the other way around

- I was the Land Rover enthusiast in the marriage!

I see we have similar tastes in terms of vehicles :-) Mine was less expensive, though, I bet!

Reply to
Jane Edwards

It is not she does not like Landies (she absolutely loves the Td6 Vogue) but feels I spend TOO much time as it is with them let alone watching TV about them! Yes, I would imagine yours was probably a LOT cheaper than mine!

message

Reply to
Foxhunter

On or around 6/10/03 11:19 pm, Foxhunter using , in article ID fUlgb.4705$ snipped-for-privacy@wards.force.net, scribbled:

It's all my son Joe's fault. I was all set to get a Freelander, when we went into the dealer to look again he spotted the RR we now have in the showroom, complete with DVD player, satnav, screens in the back of the headrests etc! That was it. It's a nice car though, admittedly. A bit big for some of our local roads but as we go across to the UK and to France etc quite frequently it pays for itself that way.

Reply to
Jane Edwards

very similar to mine then! I have a 10 disc DVD multiplayer, screens in back rests of seats and a playstation PLUS a son called JOE! what colour is yours?

message

Reply to
Foxhunter

On or around 7/10/03 8:36 am, Foxhunter using , in article ID c2ugb.4795$ snipped-for-privacy@wards.force.net, scribbled:

Blenheim Silver. How old is your Joe then? Mine is 13, one of four sons I have! We moved here from London this summer because of a string of tragic events that have occurred during the past 12 months. My husband was killed in a car crash in Germany last year. He was working in the City at the time in a reasonably good job, so luckily they've been kind enough to me in terms of being able to afford the rigours of bringing up 4 kids etc. Then earlier this year my dear Mum passed away, she lived here in Jersey (I was born here) so having discussed things with the kids I decided to sell up our London house and move back here, back into the family home. Which is how I came to afford the RR, even without VAT it's not what I would call "cheap"!

Whereabouts are you based? We haven't got the Playstation in ours *yet* but Joe seems to be of the opinion that one is on the Xmas list....

Reply to
Jane Edwards

Can I add a slight word of caution? :-)

In general, usenet is a nice comfy, chatty place - however there are a few who may misuse information divulged for their own - no always legal, purposes. I general it's probably wise to exercise a little caution about publicly disclosing anything to do with 'wealth' or 'location'...

This isn't a problem for most here- as we run old Landies and as a consequence, are pretty much broke most of the time :-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Reply to
Foxhunter

Argh!

Apparently my Land Rover was on it....and I missed both showings...sob sob sob.

Oh well. I'll just go look out the window....

Seen it :)

Neil

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Which one is yours I'll have a look at it later for you, I taped it ;)

I've upset the wife now after seeing that Range Rover Dakar? (I think that's what it was called) was trying to explain to her I could ebay all the stuff I rip off ours to convert it!!

Dave

Reply to
Dave Wheatley

Dave,

It's a sticker covered (discovery shaped ) thing with an external cage.....

Neil Founder

(Fun, Friendly and Free)

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

On or around 8/10/03 11:18 am, Neil Brownlee using , in article ID bm0o9m$s56$ snipped-for-privacy@sparta.btinternet.com, scribbled:

It was and all, though only a fleeting glimpse. Only those who know Piglet would have recognized it straight off.

It was a good program but typically made, a few things like monotonous music throughout and you could tell it was being done on a tight budget. We need more programmes about the Marque!

Reply to
Llandrovers