A thank you and a curse on part suppliers

Right

Big THANK YOU to those that replied to my query on sorting out a dodgy swivel on my 89 EFi RR - a happy few hours in the sun today (OK so it's MILES from Billing) has sorted out the problem (a dead top swivel bearing it would seem) and the car is almost ready to roll

BUT

I have bought new flexible front hose pipes from P*ddocks and - yup, no securing bolts, I have salvaged three out of four from the old pipes but I now need one. Just one, that's all, one, tiny, little, insignificant piece of metal....

So no RR until middle of the week - grrrrr

Graeme

Reply to
Graeme

On or around Sat, 19 Jul 2003 22:46:43 +0100, "Graeme" enlightened us thusly:

to be fair, most of the part from Paddock are very much cheaper than genuine LR parts, and there's a good chance that the offending bolt wouldn't come from LR either.

Bumper and body parts arrived for the 110 front end rebuild. Bumper fitted, just. had to file the holes a bit, bolts wouldn't quite go through. error of only about 1mm, though, which is quite possibly in my bit somewhere, although the chassis legs *look* straight :-)

fun and games with bodywork, next. complete front wing one side, headlamp panel the other side.

toying with painting it Fiat Tractor "Terracotta", which is as close to rust-colured as I've seen, a bit like red oxide primer colour, only gloss. I reckon it might look quite good. Bored with having it grey, and most of it could do with a repaint.

Reply to
Austin Shackles