A trustworth used car dealer?

Yes they do exist, my Disco 300TDi with it's knackered engine is going back to the guy that sold me it and he has agreed to a full refund and is even paying to transport it from Bradford to Surrey - result!!!

At least I haven't lost the £3k that I paid for it, or that was until I thought sod these old cars and put the money down as deposit for a Disco3 TDV6 :-)

Reply to
Andrew Cooke

Oh b*ll*cks, don't you hate it when you post and realise afterwards you have made a spelling mistake!!!!

Reply to
Andrew Cooke

Andrew Cooke uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Lifes too short to worry about these things.

Hope it all goes through as suggested and better luck with the next one.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

tut tut, you'll regret it matey!!

old cars have soul, btw i really didn't like the d3 at all, too much techno bollocks & not enough 'soul'

But once bitten twice shy etc i suppose!!

Been driving the Subaru this week due to a dodgy damper that I'm gonna do over the weekend & i'm missing the Rangie! like mad!

Reply to
Nige

My m8 at the dealer told me they replace engines for fun in those, coz people think u dont need to check the oil between services.

Reply to
jOn

On or around Fri, 2 Dec 2005 07:20:37 -0000, "jOn" enlightened us thusly:

that's true of many people now, though.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Austin Shackles uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Yeah, I like replcaing engines for fun AND check the oil between services.. I'm going wrong somewhere.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

In message , Lee_D writes

I worked for a guy once in the 1960s who had actually wrecked 3 engines before someone explained to him about oil and its purpose in the internal combustion engine.

Reply to
hugh

hugh uttered summat worrerz funny about:

H'mmm, I note you say "in" the engine, do you mean I'm not supposed to just pour it over the engine? I thought to get the driveway like all of my friends with landrovers that was the standard procedure and it stops the seals leaking.

;-)

Though to be fair this engine has outlasted it's chassis and it's not even running yet.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

My landrover chassis is on atleast its 3rd engine!. I scrapped the one it came with and that was definately not happy. I stripped off the head and there were actually cobwebs in one of the cylinders!

Reply to
Tom Woods

In article , Tom Woods writes

Hmm. Wanton destruction of micro-ecosystems eh?

I bet you go greenlaning too.

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to