Adapt for black and red 12v power sockets on a series dashboard

Hello to all

Any idea where I can find an adapter to give me a cigar lighter socket that draws it power from the black and red power sockets on a series dashboard?

Thanks

Reply to
Christopher Davis

I'd be surprised if you find anything that does exactly as you describe.

The plug that goes into the existing sockets is, I think, Land Rover

560617. It's a pretty horrible thing even if you can find someone selling it. You could make up your own lead using that plug and a 'flying' cigar lighter socket.

I'd be tempted to install a current day socket of your choice somewhere. Take the opportunity to fuse the supply, too - the original sockets were unfused.

Reply to
Dougal

Reply to
Christopher Davis

The 560617 plug used to come as part of the tool kit - I had one with a

1979 three door RRC. I'm sure that someone will have one that they don't need or even know about!

You wouldn't have to mount your new socket on the dash. There are many other panels that will support it 'invisibly'.

Reply to
Dougal

Reply to
Christopher Davis

Maplin used to sell the original looking plugs and sockets as '3·2mm Split Pin Type'

HF53 Wander plug (Red)

HF50 Wander plug (Black)

Reply to
fake

Thanks, I'll take a look

I did manage to pick up a Lucas plug at the Landy show in Peterborough a little while back but it didn't come cheap.

Reply to
Christopher Davis