adding kenwood cd changer to r770 radio

Hi,

I have just purcahsed a 2000 1.8xi freelander and would like to add my old kenwood c660 cd changer, I have hunted the net to see if it is compatible but can't find anything definite. Can anyone advise or guide where to contact for assistance.

regards

Ian

Reply to
Blind Pew

It is highly unlikely unless the head unit in the Freelander is a Kenwood with built in head controls or if the CD changer is a FM Modulator type that plugs into the head unit and you tune the radio to a particular frequency.

Reply to
Greg Henderson

Hi Ian I am in exactly the same position, except it is a 2.0 xdi that I have just bought. The R770 head unit, as I have in my Landie, is comaptable with the Phillips RC 026 changer and the Sony CDX T69 changer. I can source one from

for 145 quid inc postage and vat but I am just sitting tight and watching them on ebay as they do go on there for alot less, just a case of waiting for the right one to go for the right money! Anyway, that's the two changers which are compatable. Your best bet is probably to sell the Kenwood changer on ebay then use the money to buy the Phillips or Sony changer. Gareth

Reply to
Gareth Watkins

hey Gareth,

Do you know if the rad / cass in your model would be the same as in the '981.8lt Freelander i..?

How can I tell what model it is...I think it just says "Land Rover" on the facia ?

I know it has all the buttons on it that double for a CD player...so there must be some model that works with it...obviously to $800 + LR unit will...

Reply to
Hi-Soft

Brian Yours will probably be the same as mine. It should have R770 on the front, or look at the instructions for the audio and it will say what model it is. If it IS the R770 then, as I said, the Phillips RC 026 and the Sony CDX T69 are compatable but you have to make sure you get the right lead. I think the original Landrover one is an Alpine but I have been unable to find out what model number it is. The lead alone costs 50 UK pounds so if you buy the Sony or Phillips unit make sure it comes with the correct lead. Hope that helps Gareth

Reply to
Gareth Watkins

o.k. thanks for the info...I'll check it all out....

Reply to
Hi-Soft