advice sought please

Hi all,

Does anyone know the current values of a 300TDi engine with matched gearbox/transfer ??

Any advice appreciated

Cheers

Tony

Reply to
TonyNicUK

On or around Mon, 29 Sep 2003 00:06:54 +0000 (UTC), "TonyNicUK" enlightened us thusly:

depends on milage, T-box type, age and condition.

a low-mileage recent one with a cross-drilled gear type T-box is gonna go quite high, especially with a history - into 4 figures, I'd think. A recon 'box+T-box is gonna run to a grand, recon TDis are probably about that too. A good 'un will fetch at least half the equivalent recon parts, as a ballpark figure - I just paid 450 for an auto box and T-box, which is about

1100 for the recons, and reckoned that this was quite reasonable

an early one without the cross-drilled gear (IIRC, the early 300 TDi+R380+Lt230 combo was still plagued with this fault), unknown history and lots of miles... well...

are you buying or selling? :-)

erm.

heard of a complete Range Rover 3.5 EFi with no MOT going for 800 notes the other day... tempting...

Reply to
Austin Shackles