AFL SHAKESPERE EVENT

So far the attendees are as follows, apologies if I've overlooked anyone:

Jason Reynolds Neil + Partner + Dog Neil Brownlee + Partner + 2 Kids Dominic Jackson Lizzy + Monsters (no Steve?) Austin Shackles Richard + Di Brookman Simon + Dawn Isaacs (+ father?) Martyn + Charlotte Graham (me) + Emma Martin Howdle??

If there is anyone else that is out there that wishes to come, details can be found at

under events.

IF YOU INTEND TO COME, PLEASE E-MAIL ME ASAP so that I may book appropriate numbers. g dot r dot gleed at btinternet dot com

Cheers

Reply to
Graham G

I might be able to make it for a short visit, as I may have work in the area. If possible I'd come in my new toy, as long as you promised not to throw rocks at the outsider.. If you squint a bit it looks like a 101 from a distance!

I can't however confirm until shortly before the event, but won't be camping or staying long, just 3 hours or so max. Is that possible or are there course booking issues that prevent it?

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

You, an outsider? There's a wierd idea. I reckon rocks'll only be thrown if you decide to sing...

Yeah, so does mine ;-)

The giveaway is the 'unofficial' bit I guess. So long as Graham doesn't end up out of pocket (which I sort of know won't happen), then join in anything that's free :-)

Reply to
Mother

Let me have a lot more details and I'll put it on the slightly more flexible site space at:

Full address and details of how to get there may be a good start!

Oh, we'll be there - but you missed Max off the list - he'll not be well pleased...

Reply to
Mother

No Worries

Reply to
Graham G

While I've been around for a while, it was more me turning up in a non-landrover product that I thought might make the other natives restless, sort of like a tribal member turning up in leather shorts and yodelling all of a sudden. An Austrian truck in the midst of a British war machine might risk getting a bayonet through the shoulderblades..

Only if you are colour blind!!

Well if I can get the thing on the road in time, and can afford the journey to Harrogate in a vehicle that might just get 16MPG on a downhill stretch, depending on wind direction, I'll stop off along the way. If the job comes up, most of the fuel will be paid for which helps!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Cheers, I'll pay my dues if I can make it.

You have to promise however that if I get stuck, you won't find a Freelander to tow me out and then take photos!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

not a freelander no, a quadbike maybe ;-D

Reply to
Graham G

One of those six-wheeler Gator ones please!

Whatever happened to those luvverly trikes eh? People kept whacking into trees when the steering didn't steer I expect..

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I'm sure that it shouldnt be called either a quad or a trike if it has

6 wheels! ;-)
Reply to
Tom Woods

It could be two trikes together, or a pair of quads making the beast with two backs, oh pedantic one!

Crikey, people these days, grumble mumble..

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Be a Hex, Shirley.

Reply to
GbH

This Tom Woods anon leet fle a fart, As greet as it had been a thonder-dent, That with the strook he was almoost yblent. and said....

Well, quad- and tri- come from the Latin, so whatever it is should start with sex-.

A sexbike?

Oi! Bloke with the willy and the Range Rover! No!

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Old gags about shagging a Princess spring to mind here..

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

On or around Fri, 7 Apr 2006 22:35:26 +0100, Ian Rawlings enlightened us thusly:

I might be in me Ford... depends on the results of the pre-MOT on Edward and whether I have time to get him sorted. There's definitely something awry in the front suspension; I suspect chassis bushes on the driver's side front spring.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Nah, it's unofficial, nobody will really care. We've had an LDV van on an official club stand before now, and some French family car.

That's no risk, mind, if you're wearing leather shorts there may be other things to watch out for!

16MPG??? I dream of the day...
Reply to
Mother

On or around Sat, 08 Apr 2006 18:08:07 +0100, Mother enlightened us thusly:

If I do the monsterbus project, I hope to bring it to the show at the end of august, which IIRC is malvern.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Now I wonder who the LDV van belonged to..

I don't think the Orchestra of the Pink Oboe will trouble me, when I fart, dogs come running and bats crash into trees. Besides, too cold for shorts, a big SS overcoat might be better with matching Luger.

Well at least the rear lights are now legal, although there are no numberplate lights (no numberplate either!) and no reversing light, not sure if all those are required, will browse the MOT regs once I've done the finishing touches to the lights that are there and put the mess away.

Why couldn't those teutonic nits just stick to the light patterns from good old Blighty, we do things the way they should be.

Auf Wiedersehen.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Didn't matter - we had soooo much space on the stand nobody would really have known it was 'on' our stand. Mind, this didn't stop the rivet counting tossers kicking up a fuss (later, obviously, too cowardly to say anything at the time). I did tell them to f... o..

Oh go on. Just a little bit of thigh slapping. Pleeeeeease :-)

I used to have one of them (unissued). Full length, smashing quality leather, high collar (akin to The Matrix), with a sort of 'flap' which came down from the back on the inside to wrap around the feet if needed, to keep tootsies warm whilst sat in a cold car (so I was told). Some fecka nicked it during a party some 25 odd years ago. Only ever seen one other, and that was on eBay I think and went for silly-money.

Number plate light is, but reversing light isn't (unless fitted, in which case it must be working, if that makes sense). HOWEVER, you could have left the original lights if you're keeping it on original jonny-foreigner plates, or if on UK plates, can argue historic vehicle status and in order to maintain authenticity, need to keep lights as is. (Yes, I've been helping out in the traffik kort recently!)

Reply to
Mother