Air con on 96 Disco tdi cuts out after a few seconds

Hi The air con on my 96 Disco tdi cuts out after a few seconds - the pump cuts in when I press the a/c button but then disconnects again - any ideas please?

Regards Tony

Reply to
Tony

Funny enough, mine does the same. Leave it on and it should kick back in after a few minutes. They are more off than on, especially in this weather. They may be stat controlled and the stat is saying it's cold enough. In summer it kicks in and out but stays on longer. TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

Good point - will check it out - thanks

Tony