Air springs

Anyone know of any websites dealing with changing a rear bag on a 2001 Disco TD5??. Just ordered one for mine and may have a go at the W/E...earthquakes allowing!.

Dom

Reply to
Dom J

I did mine. It was pretty easy tofigure it out as you go along. Wheel off first, then I think you simply unscrew the air inlet pipe to remove it and to let the air out, and a press fit it into the new bag. The bag has a couple/3/4 nuts at the top top to undo, mine were quite rusted. The bag itself just twisted out on its plastic base. Mine is also 2001 d2

"How do you get a fat chick in bed with you?

Piece of cake"

Reply to
madhatchetman

Hi Dom !

Proberbly an odd set of questions -

Why would you change the air spring to metal springs ?

I would like to go the other way around - change the front metal springs to air springs (like the back springs). Do you (or anyone) have links to someone who has done that ? And where and what to buy ?

Kind Regards

Reply to
René Løweneck

On or around Thu, 28 Feb 2008 18:52:15 +0100, René Løweneck enlightened us thusly:

'cos air ones have issues the steel, generally, don't.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Certainly did on my Subaru, I popped a rear spring and it took out the compressor, going to coils and dampers all round halved the repair cost.

AJH

Reply to
andrew heggie

In my life I have never needed to repair springs or shockies on any car I owned, and they were all old. Bought an old RR and the only thing to go wrong (so far, in 3 months) is a rear air spring leaks and it develops a list to starboard every week. Haven't even been over a big bump. So I let the other one down and wonder if I should do any more than that. I like the car better without.

Reply to
jg

They're about =A380 each and half an hour to an hour's work to replace (less time once you have done one). Thats' about the price of a tank of fuel, and it will happen every 5 years. Its NOT a big deal when they go wrong.

Reply to
madhatchetman

Not a very good argument for replacing all your springs with air springs. If I touch these it will be just to drag the dead ones out.

Reply to
jg