Air suspension

I recently purchased a well maintained 99 Discovery II with jump seats. After getting her home I immediately noticed (after it was parked over night) that the rear end had settled down noticeably. After starting the vehicle and closing the door she immediately pumps back up to level. The air suspension obviously has a leak.

Are there any suggestions and/or precautions I should be aware of and is it safe to use the vehicle until the leak is repaired? Also, am I in for my throat in repair costs here?

Thanks...

Dave

Reply to
Lynn D

My limo had air suspension and truck springs, it leaked, I used araldite to seal a broken screw cap which had caused the leak. Find the leak and plug it with whatever will do the job. Is this a job for Bicycle repair man ?

Reply to
Larry

araldite to

Someone called? Oh, sorry. I thought you said *Nude* Bicycle Repair Man.

Reply to
PDannyD

In news:P1yqb.72$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrdny02.gnilink.net, Lynn D wrote: | I recently purchased a well maintained 99 Discovery II with jump | seats. After getting her home I immediately noticed (after it was | parked over night) that the rear end had settled down noticeably. | After starting the vehicle and closing the door she immediately pumps | back up to level. The air suspension obviously has a leak. | | Are there any suggestions and/or precautions I should be aware of and | is it safe to use the vehicle until the leak is repaired? Also, am I | in for my throat in repair costs here? | | Thanks... | | Dave

Not 100% sure because I don't have one, but I thought they were supposed to do this?

Something to do with levelling itself when parked - it can't run the compressor to pump itself up so can only let air out until it's happy.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Pewsey

On or around Thu, 6 Nov 2003 22:34:39 -0000, "PDannyD"

enlightened us thusly:

you repair nude bicycles?

Reply to
Austin Shackles