Alarm System

Hi All. Any one got an idea on what's up with the alarm system on my

2001 TD5. The key fobs have new batteries including the spare.

HISTORY. Got out of car alarming with remote, returned and although the indicators lit up, the door buttons stayed down. I opened the door on the key and it went into alarm, pressed fob whilst door was open with no responce. I shut the door and armed it again on the KEY, waited 10 seconds then tried the remote again, same thing indicators lit up but no door buttons came up, tried the same about 4/5 times until when still in alarm I started the car. NO led on, BINGO. Get home turn ignition off, press remote, indicators work but NO buttons go down.

Now the confusing bit: The only way that I can arm the car is with the key on the door. This cuts out the volumetrics internally but alarms the rest, IE doors all round and bonnet. Even when I arm the car using this method, when I unlock the doors the same way and open it, it goes into alarm but I can now disarm it on the remote but still can't arm it correctly on the fob. The door buttons attempt to lock and I can hear the solanoids making. Is there something I'm missing here to get it working correctly again? I have read the workshop manual and the handbook but these arn't giving me any indications. Before I start to strip each door and check the solanoids. Is there a main solanoid/relay on the front door which controls anything? Before I do abit of brain bashing d;-(( Bloody electronics.

Reply to
Dave Piggin