Altenator fault...

The altenator has a problem on my defender. It is creating a 4amp drain on the battery even when all switched off as there is a problem with it. I was wondering if it is likley to be repairable of if I need a replacement. My other main concern is I've been warned I must be very carefull in re-tentioning the fan belt which also pumps the water and powers the steering unit. Also I'm not sure what altenator I need, I've found a few but not sure if they're the correct ones (TDI 300).

The landrover is a defender 110 2.5 TDI. It's a '96 model.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Henry Parsons

Reply to
Henry Parsons

Any respecable auto electrician will be able to repair the alternator by replacing the diode pack which is most certainly the problem.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Seddon

If you are anywhere near Leicester I know someone who does this for a living. C&A Units, Cypress Road, Leicester.

Reply to
Nikki

If your near Birmingham area i know two places that can help you out with a repair or replacment.

good prices too

Jinx

Reply to
Jinx