And that blue is?

Could I trouble you experts for a bit of info, please.

I need to know the name of the colour of my Disco. It's a mid-dark blue metallic, on a late 1996. I think it could be biarritz blue, but arizona and plymouth blue are also in the frame. Could anyone tell me, or tell me how to find out?

Thanks Chris

Reply to
Chris

On or around Wed, 13 Sep 2006 19:19:37 +0100, "Chris" enlightened us thusly:

there should be a thing under the bonnet, I think, with either a paint code or a paint name, or both.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

If i remember correctly there's a plate under the bonnet of the Range Rover and it' s actually got "Plymouth Blue" written on it. I'd go and look but i had to leave the truck in work!

Dave

Reply to
Dave R

I wonder if Chris has the same problem as I do Kato has a vin plate but no colour or paint code marked on it Derek

Reply to
Derek

Same with The Old Girl. Incidentally, when having some new doors resprayed on my previous 110 (which also had no paint code on it), the bloke told me of the array of sunroof panel cut-outs on the wall at the Ford paint shop, ranging from very pale red to deep vermilion, all of which were the same paint code on brand new (before they left the factory) vehicles. Oh, and don't forget the effect of sunlight on the colour...

Stuart Who now knows why modern paint mixing shops have colour scanners!

Reply to
Srtgray

Red is one of those colours that seems to fade badly I've had a few pink edged motors over the years oddly that XR3i I had was very original made spraying the rear arch simple. I'm pretty sure I need Mistrale blue or Plymouth

should pop in the dealers and ask.Derek

Reply to
Derek

Ah yes, paint does fade. My Series had a wing re-sprayed 35 years ago after a horse left a hoof print in it (don't ask). It's now a totally different colour to the rest of the panels, it's several shades of green darker than surrounding panels.

Can't get good help these days :)

Reply to
Duracell Bunny

on my old saab the paint code was on a sticker that was stuck onto a blank section on the VIN plate. Fine until i pressure washed the engine when i got it to remove 20 years or grime.

Reply to
Tom Woods

It's number 965. No name.

So a dealer would be able to tell me, given that number?

Chris

Reply to
Chris

It's number 965, no name.

So a dealer could tell me from that?

Chris

Reply to
Chris

It's number 965, no name.

So a dealer could tell me from that?

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Biaritz Blue - Micatallc (LRC965)

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Great - thanks very much Richard, you're a star. Now I know which paint to buy!

Chris

Reply to
Chris