Any idea of value for this truck?

I know it's not easy to value a truck on description alone, but I'll be putting this up on ebay soon. I'm hoping for sommat in the region of £4,000 at least, and if I can't get that then I'll try to avoid selling it in the first place...

BTW sorry for typing too much as usual ;-)

Views welcome.

--------------

1994 Land Rover 110 300TDi ex-hard top, 164141 miles, 11/2006 MOT. It's had a few upgrades and important parts replaced, including a recon gearbox, transfer box and a Jeremy Fearns intercooler. It's got a canvas top, I replaced the hard top with it some years ago and never felt the need to change back so I no longer have the hard top.

It's been a great truck but I now have a new toy and I need to claw some of the money back, so the Landy will have to go. I'm trying to drum up the money through other means so if this sale ends early then that probably means I'm keeping it! I'd be quite happy for it not to sell, so please don't bother making silly offers via email.

When I first got it, I did what most new owners do and took it to pay 'n' play sites and bashed the living daylights out of it, but that cost me a fair old wedge to correct so I stopped doing that in 2002 and since then it's just done green laning. Because of that, the bodywork isn't in terrific condition with dents and scrapes in various places but nothing so bad that it's ever caused a problem, and relatively easy to rectify. If you want a shiny truck to impress the boss though, I'd suggest going elsewhere.

Mechanically it's in excellent condition because it's been looked after well and has had a fair amount spent on it. The engine has been trouble-free and doesn't use even the tiniest drop of oil between services, I check every month and have never needed even the smallest top-up. It sounds great (by diesel standards) and has never missed a beat.

I've included a list of major work done to it but have missed out details of the services because it's tedious to list, but I have all the receipts for all the work listed, and all the services in between are there, the smaller services usually cost about 150-300 or so. You can see how I've been much more careful in the last few years because the big bills stopped coming in ;-)

Significant details of work in reverse date order (newest first) as follows;

20/12/2005 162820 miles, 24,000 mile service (the big one) including timing belt change, rebuilt front brakes, drop-arm joint, new headlights, top hose, new brake pads etc etc. Cost me about 1,000. It's done less than 2,000 miles since then.

27/10/2005 162712 miles, MOT until 4/11/2006, passed once rear light and wipers were replaced, no other warnings.

2003-2005, no major work needed, learned my lessons as you can see from what follows.

14/09/2002 118764 Huge service, I'd basically been overdoing it at a pay 'n' play site and bent the transfer box innards, so they were replaced, along with lots of other bits. Too much to list here but it cost me 2,618 and a four-page invoice, as you can imagine I stopped treating it like a tank at that point and grew up a little..

09/11/2001 103206 miles, huge service, this was before the transfer box problems were noticed, I'd bent the steering at a pay 'n' play site and bashed the prop shaft, this was all before I'd learned how to drive off-road properly, i.e. carefully!! It cost me 1,666 and a 3-page invoice, lots of things replaced.

2/5/2001 Jeremy Fearns full-width intercooler fitted by Turbo 4x4 in Reading, that gave the truck loads of extra welly and cost me 800 or so. A very worthwhile upgrade.

1/12/2000 (estimated), 84549 miles, the truck was still under a 3-month warranty when I noticed a few problems, it was taken in and the gearbox was replaced, transfer box rebuilt, input gears replaced and oil thrower kit fitted to prevent premature wear happening again. It would have cost 1,774 had it not been under warranty.

2/10/2000 84062 miles, bought truck with a service and some work included in the price. I'd asked for the timing belt wear modification and gearbox oil lubrication common fixes to be checked for and implemented if not already present, that's been done.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings