Auction soon to end: 1994 110 soft-top with upgrades

Ebay UK item number 280007529495

All I've had so far are muppet bidders putting in £250 quid bids then emailing me in the last 24 hours telling me that I might as well give it to them because it'll cost thousands to put back to as-new condition. If you want something new, buy something new FFS!

Does anyone know of any less muppet-infested places to sell a truck? Preferrably somewhere where there are people who don't want a pose-mobile or something to do the school run in. I've tried 4x4web but all I've had from there are people asking me what make and model it is (clearly listed in title), do I have any photographs (plenty in item listing), what "color" it is (seen in pictures) and that they have "dollars" waiting, i.e. spammers looking for me to verify that the address is valid.

*sigh*
Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Your high BIN will put the vast majority of people off. If I had the choice of yours or this one - 220008928700 - I know which I'd choose. Now where's a spare £4.5k when you need it!! :-(

Sorry Ian, but you never get back what you've spent on it on eBay - most people just don't care! My (ex) P38 had £1000's spent on it the year before I bought it - new trans box, new clutch/flywheel re-condition air con. new EAS compressor plus loads more - can't remember exactly how much was spent in that year, but it was well over £3k and all with receipts. I actually got it cheaper than many others around.

I don't think eBay is any better or worse than anywhere else for selling a car to be honest - you get muppets everywhere - especially when selling a car for whatever reason. I bought a car from a dealer on eBay who had quite a few -ve's. He was the nicest most decent bloke I'd met in a long time, and I have no idea how anyone could give him -ve, it's just that you get complete muppets buying cars. They'll turn up and say "oh, I didn't want a silver one" when the photos showed it as silver and it was described as such!

Have you tried the magazines? - more likely to get someone who cares about the stuff you have done to it in there so you should be able to get a better price.

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

Well anywhere you buy or sell in cyberspace you will encounter 419 scammers and their scummy brethren as a matter of course. As a buyer I always put a small bid in early in the auction to show good faith my next bid to the limit of my budget is placed right at the death this prevents me getting carried away or starting a bidding war with some other buyer.Do not accept bankers cheques there is a lot of bother with fakes and because in this age where you can buy a company in the blink of an eyelid online the laughably inefficient banks can take two weeks to tell you that you have been turned over and that you have no claim against them. Have a look at

see how the community is biting back plus if you do get the silly offers cheque for £xk more than auction type scam these folk would like to know Announcement: request from the Metropolitan Police (UK) Please forward all your incoming 419 and advanced fee fraud emails to the Metropolitan Police along with full email headers to snipped-for-privacy@met.police.uk.

This request is obviously not limited to those living in the UK for the simple reason that UK based perpetrators of this crime indiscriminately distribute their scam letters to email addresses all over the world.

In the event that you fail to include the full headers, the information is as helpful as phoning the fire-brigade and telling them that there is a fire, but failing to tell them where it is. If you cannot find the full headers, please just bin your e-mail and do not forward it as it will merely irritate busy police officers and is a total waste of your and their time.

Please refer to the documentation of your email client on how to turn on full email headers before forwarding your emails. (Yahoo users should click on "Options", "General Preferences", and at the option "Forwarding Messages" set "Forward as an attachment".) Users of other email programmes may find this page useful, but be prepared to copy and paste if your programme will not include them automatically.

The Artists Against 419 greatly appreciate the efforts of the Metropolitan Police in taking action against the perpetrators of the Nigerian scam and offer full cooperation.

Have you thought of Autotrader not cheap or fish4cars

Derek

Reply to
Derek

Ian, sorry matey, but your BIN is way too high & i think your reserve is too. You have to advertise to the market you aim to sell it to. Idiot tyrekickers on eBay dont want a well used & not perfect LR, they want it mint & will only pay bottom dollar for that.

Your average dipstick on eBay wont even want it for off roading mate.

Reply to
Nige

Well, it's worth at least 4K, if ebayers don't want to pay that then fine, I'll have to find some other outlet. Darned cheapskates!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

It is worth 4k, but the kind of knobs on ebay wont pay that mate.

Fuck 'em. try elswhere, i would.

Reply to
Nige

Reply to
Roberts

Ian Rawlings uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Mud club dude! Well worth the nothing It'll cost. ;-)

It's also full of people who know what a gem it will be.

Lee D

Thats

Lee_D

OK, will have a crack, the two paid-for options have been a waste so far. I'll try the local rags too, perhaps someone will actually come round to have a look before claiming they'll pay for it..

Or at least people who won't be wittering on about vegetation scratches dulling the paint, I hope.

Cheers for the pointer, will have a bash.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings