August Unofficial 24th-27th August

At the recent unofficial we mooted the idea about an August unoffical, as it would tie in with the anniversary of AFL.

Being as we have had west x2, mid x1 and north x1, we thought about East.

A campsite (Diglea) has been located at Snettisham, just south of Hunstanton

Their phone number is 01485 541367 if you wish to book. I have reserved 5 tents and 5 caravans, so mention you are part of the Isaacs party when you book so that you end up on the right pitch

They are charging £16/night for caravan with 2 adults and 2 kids, with hookup included

Tents are £14 for 2 adults and 2 kids.

The site has fairly good facilities, and also has a bar on site which offers entertainment at weekends.

About 250 yards down the road is a chip shop, which wasn't too bad the last time I was there (last summer), and a shop just 500yds away, which also sell camping spares. The beach is also by the shop.

As for off roading, there is a nice compact site that my club have used in the past, about 5 acres in size. It is quite sandy, with plenty of soft stuff for the gentle ones, and some nice fun bombholes for the extremists. The site cost £75 for the day to hire, so spread across a number of vehciles this will be very cheap. There were 5 of us this weekend, so this would work out to just £15 a vehicle. In addition, there will be the MSA insurance charge, which is about £3.50 per driver. Have provisonally booked this for the Sunday to leave us to do our own things on the Saturday.

Other option is to Green Lane. We would travel to Thetford, and then travel the Peddars Way through the 3 fords at Castle Acre, to arrive at Teatime for a fish and chip supper on the Beach at Hunstanton, which is unique in that it is the only east coast seaside resort which faces west!

Can't promise the weather, but I hope it will be better than Spring Bank.....

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Extremely tempting ... I shall consult SWMBO :)

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Booking tonight matey, lets hope it is better weather......

Although, I don't care if it rains, gazebos & beer see it off every time.

I like laning, but the site would be good.

Cheers Simon.

Reply to
Nige

Peddars way is an excellent drive. Have done it 3 times now - and each time has been an adventure :)

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Thanks for sorting that out Si and Dawn.

Ill book it this afternoon.

Im Not fussed eitherway about Green lane or Site. More interested in the beer and the random chat :)

Praps we could invite Hagred.

Good God im excited already.... What a sad little(!) man i am...

Reply to
Mark Solesbury
£42 quid!

Bloomin heck.

Bank holiday is a minimum of 3 nights regardless of how long you stay,

Tent is £14 per night, which includes 2 adults and 2 kids regardless if you have them or not!!

Its a lot considering Hagar charged £4!!

It better be damn good Simon - If it rains ill break the other side step off!

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

hehehehehehehe - i thought northerner where supposed to be the tightwads?

LOL!

Reply to
Nige

Is it OK for road cars Neil? A D2 to be precise, i don't mind getting it dirty & that.

Reply to
Nige

Mail me yer address Mark, i have the pics.

Reply to
Nige

y g m.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

A couple of summers ago, one chap from our club followed us for about

10 miles in a Rover 400, but had to give up when he began overheating from constant crawling in 1st gear! To reply direct rot13 me

bURRt the 101 Camper

200TDi Disco with rotten floor 200 TDi DIsco, "the offroader" 1976 S3 Lightweight
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Simon Isaacs uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Can't do the Monday - Work in'it

But I'm hoping to do Thur Fri Sat and slope off Sunday afternoon -- waiting on a return call

Thought I'd post incase anyone else can't do the Monday then fingers crossed we won't be alone unless anyone does an extra night of course Thursday.

Si - circulate it to Martyn and the possie of 101's that left the last one too late as well.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Thu, 31 May 2007 15:10:21 +0100, Simon Isaacs enlightened us thusly:

Hard to say right now. By then it'll be school holidays coming to an end, and I'll be either in the throes of serious financial wotsit trying to get licensed and contracted for to carry on doing what I've been doing for the last almost 7 years, or I'll be a gentleman of leisure. Or just possibly I'll be working, you never know.

so can't say yet.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

have done so already, but will prolly see him tomorrow, dawn's ankle biters go home tomorrow, and we normally call in to see him for a coffee and a chat To reply direct rot13 me

bURRt the 101 Camper

200TDi Disco with rotten floor 200 TDi DIsco, "the offroader" 1976 S3 Lightweight
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Nige,

I'd have taken my previous L322 down it (silver - doesn't show the scratches....), but poss not the new black one. There was only one tight bit though (from memory), so can easily be avoided I guess!

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Just left a message booking for this from Friday evening. CBA with the caravan, so coming in the tent with the missus and kids.

Be nice to see you all, 'specially as I suggested KORC for the last one then had to go to Ibiza instead ... ;) Not worried if we have a Pay and Play day, green-laning or a mixture of both, say grenn-laning on Saturday and Playing on Sunday, maybe.

. 'Course, we'll also bring a beer or three.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Finally, definitely booked in for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights, 1 tent, 2 adults, 2 children (13 and 15)

Looking forward to it. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx