auto transmission temp warning sender unit. Disco 300tdi

Hi All,

auto transmission temp warning sender unit. Disco 300tdi

Now I have found it and discovered it appears to be the sender unit and possibly the wire from same not the auto box itself, which caused the warning light to remain on all the time, can I ask, is it a job I could do myself...? Bit worried about doing that as I assume it taps direct into the pipe containing the auto fluid. It is disconnected at the moment but obviously I would like to put it right.

Lee

Reply to
-Lee-

I guess thats a no then? I meant the wire to same is disconnected not the sender unit,,, ;-/

Thanks any way.... I'll get my coat...

Reply to
-Lee-

Oh, don't go.

I've never done this myself, but I'd imagine that you would find it quite simple to drain enough transmission fluid that the level falls below the sender, swap the sender, then pour the fluid back into the 'box.

Senders are usually simple to replace, just make sure that you refit any gasket or washer (if there is one - there might not be) correctly.

Reply to
QrizB

Thanks Griz..

Reply to