Automatice Car Wash

Morning All,

Having been seasonally helpful, and tugged a neighbours Transit out of a field backwards (smug grin!), it fell to me to clean the Disco this morning. Returning indoors soaked to the skin (long story) I am wondering about the wisdom of using an automatic Car Wash.

So....

Any "Horror" stories about using Car Washes or Any particular advice

Compliments of the Season to All. With best regards, Not so Clever Trevor.

Reply to
Not so Clever Trevor

Not so Clever Trevor composed the following ...

I use 'em fine, though I'd guess some might be a tight fit ..

Yeah, shut the windows, 'specially the rear after the kids have been in .. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

They dont like ariels, especially on my wife/ daughters Festa. Ripped off two in last few weeks. Yeah i know, but try telling an 18 year old what to do ( especially female and just passed test !! )

Reply to
Hirsty's

Christ, I would have to buy my wife a sat-nav system to find the carwash in the first place!!!

I arent joking either!

-- Subaru WRX (The Bitch)

Series 3 Landrover 88" (Albert)

__

Reply to
Nige

in the first place!!!

Daughter finds car wash, wife reckons as I do well with the dishs then I can do the car as well !!

Reply to
Hirsty's

Theres a cracking hand carwash at the bottom of the hill here. Not worth freezing your nuts off for £3!! No Rollers etc!

-- Subaru WRX (The Bitch)

Series 3 Landrover 88" (Albert)

"If you tolerate this then your children will be next"

Reply to
Nige

freezing your nuts off for £3!!

There's one at the bottom of our hill; seems to be run by Albanians or whatever. Daughter visited and came back with egg still on Headlight. £10 !! She took it back and after profuse apologies it was cleaned. At that rate I would want to see bare shiny metal after a wash and wax. Think I'll stick to me own for the 110, at least I can check for more rust while I'm at it.

Reply to
Hirsty's

£10!!!!!!!! Jesus, i could buy a new door my S3 for that! I think the ones that run this gaff are Albanian or Kosovan. They are always mega busy too.

Nige

-- Subaru WRX (The Bitch)

Series 3 Landrover 88" (Albert)

"If you tolerate this then your children will be next"

Reply to
Nige

So Not so Clever Trevor was, like

Rangie goes through fine, although it is a very tight fit and the mirrors always get knocked back. I think they're OK (if you don't mind the tiny little scratches that develop over time) but my local ones don't like spare wheels on the rear door.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

I have a friend who got trapped at the pumps in a RRC with a car trailer in tow. The only clear way out was through the car wash .....

...Engage low box and don't worry about the rotating vertical shrubbery!

Reply to
Dougal

LOL

Reply to
Hirsty's

I'm still trying to work out what this washing thing is, mine gets done once a year wether it needs it or not.

Was in a supermarket garage with a car wash the other day, anyone who came in for the car wash got a slim plastic bag to put the rear wiper in. Obviously eats them...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

In message , Not so Clever Trevor writes

Don't use them if your vehicle is muddy - the rollers will do a pretty good imitation of rubbing coarse wet and dry all over your paint work

Reply to
hugh

Yes I can vouch for the electric aerial !!! Doh!!! oh and my Disco leaks into the passenger footwell when I take it through a car wash!!

Reply to
StaffBull

In message , StaffBull writes

That's a LR facility - and the amazing thing is that LHDs also leak into the passenger footwell.

Reply to
hugh

I washed my land rover once. Just didn't look right some how.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Reply to
StaffBull

My thoughts entirely, a shiny car just doesn't look right, It doesn't look as if it's actually used just a "statement". Having only just got my 2nd hand Disco it's still covered in wax with shiny alloys, the dirt runs off and the black brake gunge. Though the 250 mile round trip today has hopefully given it a nice salt sheen. B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Our cars get washed every two years; two weeks before the TÜV inspection (something like MOT in the UK) has to be passed.

The two weeks because a too much cleaned car may look suspicious to the engineers there :) But the same is with too much dirt, then they think you want to hide something...

regards - Ralph

Reply to
Ralph A. Schmid, DK5RAS

Make (Sorry 18 yo family member) Encourage her to pay for the parts. Encourage her to watch you repair it, "So she will know what to do next time" in case you are not around.

Worth a try - BUT make sure you are around when it next happens.

Gerry

Reply to
GerryNutoLR