Battery connections - dirrct connection to the terminals on Freelander

Hi, I am fitting some Ham radio equipment in to my 54 plate Freelander I have connected directly to the battery terminals (both +ve and -ve) on other vehicles I have had and fitted radio transmitting equipment in it has been simple to just loosen the fixing bolt and slip a spade in then lock the fixing bolt up. On the Freelander the battery connection to the -ve terminal does not allow me to do this. On the the +ve terminal I have no problem making a direct connection.

Has any body made direct connection to the to the battery -ve on a Freelander if so can you offer me some advice.

Martin

Reply to
Martin g1gyc

Hi Martin,

Why not connect the negative using a self tapping screw to the bodywork? Or do you have another concern with going that route?

Cheers Geoff

Reply to
GWGY

I've had to add an extra connection to my 101, I used an aftermarket terminal, and turned a brass rod to fit the terminal, with an M8 thread on the end. Even heavy lugs crimped on the 35mm^2 wires are adequately clamped now.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor