BeamEnds Ltd - Shameless Plug

Hi All, it's totaly against the spririt of Usenet, but here goes....

At last! I've got the on-line shop up and running, complete with secure payment! Hoorah! Joyous trumpet fanfares, etc!

The postage bit doesn't work yet (got to weigh everything!) but orders over £75.00 are free to the UK (with one or two exceptions, like half-chassis etc which we can negotiate about).

You can still e-mail or phone if you prefer of course.

Somehow I don't think writing press-releases is my forte.....

Cheers Richard (only 30,000 parts to add........ ho hum)

Reply to
beamendsltd

Richard this is excellent news.

Can you please provide me with an indicative postage cost to Greece for items weighting 3, 5, 10 and 30 or more kilos?

I do have an account with TNT so I may also be able to arrange things from my side for the lighter items or I can also ask you to send them to my carriers in London (for the heavy or bulky items) or I can ask them to come and pick them up from you.

Take care Pantelis Giamarellos (fellow member of the alt.fan.landrovers newsgroup) LAND ROVER CLUB OF GREECE

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

In news:5a4970494d% snipped-for-privacy@btconnect.com, beamendsltd blithered:

ARRRGGGGHHH my eyes. Not red on green please!!

Reply to
GbH

On or around Thu, 10 Mar 2005 12:12:40 +0000 (UTC), beamendsltd enlightened us thusly:

well done! I'll have a look sometime.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Is this a bad time to mention fir-tree clips?

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
MVP

ARRRGGGGHHH............................ seconded (

Reply to
George Spigot

I assume that New Zealand being a British colony will also qualify for free freight. :-)

Reply to
EMB

On or around Thu, 10 Mar 2005 13:43:28 -0000, "GbH" enlightened us thusly:

He's got a point. something a bit more orangey would be better.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Thirded!

And why does the nearside top quarter of the top right light blue landy twitch in/out, a small black blob flash on the tips of wiper blades and a black line flash just above the roof? The top left one is fine... The rotating crank isn't the smoothest of animations either.

Is not useable if you turn off images. All the alt texts say "[Home]" rather that what or where the box takes you... Mind you my browser dosn't show the alt text if you turn off images, I wonder if it shows title instead? This is an Netscape/IE thing (again...).

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Yes! But I'll live with it....... In the post FOC as soon as I've finished my nervous breakdown......

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Point noted - I'll have a ponder and change the colours.

Cheers Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Only on recipt of a suitably large quantity of Lamb - and NZ withdrawing from the Admirals Cup so we can get a look-in ;-)

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Orange it is then!

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Thanks for the link to the Invicta landrover club web site , as you say, a nice bunch of lads (and lasses) of which I was a member till I relocated back to Yorkshire from Kent.

.....................Smurf snipped-for-privacy@lwb3.co.uk

Reply to
Smurf

Nice one, if you need any pro website design, the bloke who did ours is very good & not silly money

Ours is

Not that I'm saying yours looks crap, but if you want to polish it up he could help!

Nige

Reply to
/\/ / & E

Interesting ;)

The n/s vehicle indicator to the right of the page flashes as the o/s indicator to the left of the page should. The small line above the right image can be easily removed by editing the lranim2.gif, (I've just done it) this is easy enough to do with an image manipulating package.

Haven't noticed any black blobs on the wipers though. The crankshaft image lranim9.gif requires a few more frames adding to make it run smoother it only has five frames. The crankshaft is also too large or thick on a couple of these frames giving the appearance of it jumping up and down, I've played with this image and managed to get it running smoothly, but I've not altered the shaft size so the image still jumps.

I've found the home image broken, possibly due to a missing image on the server but I've not checked?.

Analysing the images show a reference to Netscape 2.0 for some reason but I've no idea why.

Steve.

Reply to
Stephen Hull

Ha! I once had a bloke tell me how much better sales would be with a professional site. He was absolutely certain - until I said "ok - you do it for free and I'll give you a cut of the

*increased* sales". Funnily enough I never heard from him again.

Seriously though, I'm of the content rather than look school of thought. I may be wrong, but thats me......

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

No, I don't think so, you see many sites crammed with content, but with user interfaces that look cutesy, but hide the thing you went there to look for ! Or you see sites with no search or index, or sitemap.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

On or around Fri, 11 Mar 2005 15:11:24 +0000 (UTC), beamendsltd enlightened us thusly:

hehe.

I tend to agree, with the proviso that it should be easy to access the content.

Mine (unfinished, natch) is:

There will in the end be a price list in addition to the other pages that are still unfinished, and probably a "tricycles for the disabled" page.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Fri, 11 Mar 2005 17:12:55 +0000, Steve Taylor enlightened us thusly:

you also see such crap as Craddock's site, where the cutesy search index thing is so vile that it impedes finding what you went there for (IMO, of course), and wherein the writer obviously DGIF about anyone with a slow connection. While the increase in broadband makes that less relevant now, it's still not universal or anything like.

I'm a big fan of simple pages with plain text hyperlinks. The more cute tricks you put in, the more difficult it is to make it work properly on all browsers, too.

Reply to
Austin Shackles