Bedding in time for new brake pads

just put in new brake pads in in the front. Anyone know how long they'll take to "bed in" as I need to take it for its MoT and doubt it would pass its brake test with brand new pads....

Guy

Reply to
Guy Lux

Id say about 100 miles.....

But

My 90 passed with brand new disks and pads. They had honestly done about

200meters.........

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

On or around 31 Jul 2003 07:21:43 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Guy Lux) enlightened us thusly:

not long, for discs. Disc brakes ought to pass anyway, if they seem low, you can tell'em it's just had new pads, in case they wonder, and haven't already noticed.

That reminds me, MOT 's due on mine tomorrow.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

(Guy Lux) just put in new brake pads in in the front. Anyone know how long they'll take to "bed in" as I need to take it for its MoT and doubt it would pass its brake test with brand new pads....

Good news, that makes life easier...... It has quite an effect on breaking though so I'll be sure to tell them before.

Regards

Guy

Reply to
Guy Lux