BEER..&..101's

Went to Wolverhampton in my 101 today from Northampton to the "Banks" brewary to pick up 9 barrells of beer (3xFosters,1xStella,1x Carlsberg,1xGuiness,3xMarstons Pedigree..) I covered 146kilometres and used £30 of juice. Would'nt have minded but i ran out of fuel 5miles from home.... Pity i had dropped the beer off ten minutes earlier or else i could have been quite happy the rest of the afternoon.. Phoned mum (Good'ol'Mum..!!!) she brought me 2litres of juice!!! (How far do you get in a 101 with that ?) My better half saved the day drove out with the obligatery Jerry can and filled us up.(HOORAY..!!!) Apart from that and blowing the exhaust in half past Fort Dunlop it was a totally uneventful trip. Well at least the beer reached its port of call. What did i get out of it?...a much awaited cup of hot sweet tea and petrol money. But i ain't grousing i enjoyed the trip to the Brewary. Guess where i'm going next sunday morning...(hic...) (hic...)

(hic..)

Reply to
Brevit

What was it in Kilometres? ;-)

I would say it would be struggling to start it. If I ever run out we have to put in at least 5litres, before it even wants to start especially if you are on a hill.

Didn't you get stuck in all the traffic caused by the volume of people of to Ikea?

Reply to
Nikki

Northampton eh? Home of me too!

Neil

Neil Brownlee

Nice try Neil, but Brev did already mention that he'd delivered the booze... ;-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Well i worked it out at 90.724miles there and back

Well it moved me about half a mile so i was able to get off the A5199 and onto some offroad area

Funnily enuf the M6 was very quiet the only slow area was a section of road works up near Birmingham. Wolverhampton was preetty busy tho'

Reply to
Brevit

Ah well, worth a try. All stuffed up with flu at the moment. Not happy. Santa Pod was rained off yesterday so we went laning. Discovered that 3 tons of metal + 3 locking diffs + RPI V8 = WHEELSPIN. Oh well. At least the vehicle is now not clean!

Reply to
<metalthrasher

Well it was worth a thought I bet there was no souped up 101's there tho' Not tried the beer yet (Bloody hiccups...) The landlord said it's selling ok so the travelling did'nt affect the Pedigree !!! Tempremental stuff that Marston's..... Wish i had tried that Old Perculiar at Robin Hood Bay tho'....

Reply to
Brevit

I thought the lane running across the start area of Santa Pod would have been TRO'd by now, it normally is.....

Still, last time I did it, we did race down the full length of the track, A v8 hybrid v a 88" 2.25 lightweight.... Worth a laugh, possibly the only 2 Landrovers to go head to head down Santa Pod for the standing quarter?

-- Simon Isaacs

Peterborough 4x4 Club Chairman and Webmaster

3.5V8 100" Hybrid Part owner of 1976 S3 LWT, currently under restoration Suzuki SJ410 (ex-Girlfriend, at the moment......) Series 3 88" Rolling chassis...what to do next Pug 106 (offroaded once!!)
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Erm...we *were* going to do the standing quarter...only it was raining, so we went laning in *Northamptonshire* on open lanes.

Seasonal TRO's in Bedfordshire are in force now.

Neil

<metalthrasher

We did it back in august, had great fun as no one was around!!! 6 landrovers hurtling down Santa pod, with the V8s leading the pack!!