Best Deals On Tyres

I'm looking at replacing the Pirelli Scorpions on the Discovery in the next couple of weeks. Anyone got some tips for good deals on BF Goodrich AT's - 235/70R16 size?

I've got quotes from several places today with prices ranging from £79 to £113.

Regards Steve G

Reply to
SteveG

On a similar theme, anybody suggest what the cheapest M&S rated 205R16s I'm likely to get for a Rangie are?

I've been quoted everything from £85 for firestones up to £225 for Goodyear today - 85 quid is a bit steep for a single wheel. I'll end up with the rubber costing more than the car is worth.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

Being in Bristol area have you tried Pro Tyre in Lawence Hill?

Reply to
Adrian England

Best quote I had today for non-remoulds was from Acorn Tyres in Aylesbury at £48 per wheel for GT Severos. The best quote all day was £43 fitted for C-Train remoulds which was matched by STS Aylesbury for Kingpin Trackers.

Given how much offroading my car does (zero) I'm going to go with the remoulds I think.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

I bought some from AJS tyres, they were delivered to my door for about just over £200. Tyres were general grabber AP's 205/16.

Great service

Jinx

Reply to
Jinx

In the states, our independent Consumers' Union reported:

"Among all-terrain tires, the newly tested Dayton Timberline A/T, $55 [£33], is a top pick for all-around performance. It's also reasonably priced and has no mileage limit on its five-year tread-wear warranty."

I have two on my 1999 Disco, but don't know whether they're available in the UK.

FYI

Reply to
Mike O'Reilly

Not yet, but ill do tomorrow. Best deal I've found in Bristol, so far, is Cabot Tyres - £97 incl fitting, balancing & vat.

Cheers Steve G

Reply to
SteveG

recently changed mine, but went up to 255/65 /16, fill the arches much better, got a set of 4 Michelin synchrome for £320 from quik fit . ask nicely and they will normally beat any other offer, in my case smashed it, well worth a try.

Tony

Reply to
apk1