Blimey

I think that's the one, silly me! Still make a noise you wouldn't believe!

Reply to
Nige

My wife refers to the Multipla as the "Robin Cook Car" - she reckons it looks like Robin Cook would if you turned him into a car for some reason.

Discoveries have a wheelbase 20cm (8") shorter than a Ford Mondeo with a narrower track (1mm at the front, 27mm at the rear) and are around 27mm shorter than the Mondeo.

So, what we have is the S1 and S2 Disco being an overall shorter, narrower car than the epitome of "Family Saloon" the Ford Mondeo. Anybody fancy taking these numbers to the Lord Mayors office of London?

Does explain why I have an easier time parking these days than some family car drivers :@)

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

On or around Sun, 05 Sep 2004 17:02:24 +0100, "Paul S. Brown" enlightened us thusly:

yeah. Mind you, I always put that down to superior operator skill, meself. The only thing the saloons gain on is steering lock angles, and even then, they don't gain as much as you'd expect with FWD ones. One of the nice things about the 4x4 sierra is that since it started life as a RWD, the steering angles are much better. Don't suppose it does the front CV joints much good mind, but it don't half turn nicely.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Nope, they just go right through the station, but the noise is crazy!

The noise is a nice noise, but very loud!

Nige

Reply to
Nige

What about my 110IIb with very interesting body. Built by an austrian firetender-builder in 1971.

Raoul :-)

Reply to
Raoul Donschachner

On or around Mon, 6 Sep 2004 12:14:14 +0200, das_liest snipped-for-privacy@don-moto.at (Raoul Donschachner) enlightened us thusly:

yebbut, I bet they don't grow on trees, nor do I expect I could get and convert such with the money I'd get for the disco.

hmmm. Santana 1300...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Nope, an original 110IIb with 2.6 engine, 17.000km in very neat condition for 2500¤ :-)

I have to sell because I don?t have the time and storage capacity for him. He has new brakes, a new brake master, new half shaft and a new battery.

Raoul

Reply to
Raoul Donschachner

On or around Mon, 6 Sep 2004 21:22:03 +0200, das_liest snipped-for-privacy@don-moto.at (Raoul Donschachner) enlightened us thusly:

I didn't mean yours was a Santana. I was just speculating about Santanas. However, didn't locate any in a quick websearch. found plenty of references to some pop group or other.

nor any obvious source of the Santana 2000 which was a replacement for the earlier one.

I like your one, but I doubt it's viable - the IoE 6 is not ideal for a start, being as it's getting iffy from the spares point of view.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I know, I know I bought mine just because of the very low mileage (kilometrage) ;-)) and because its in very good condition.

Raoul

Reply to
Raoul Donschachner

I'm kin warnin ya... Charlotte has access to my bolt croppers - an I'm sure she could find out where you live...

Reply to
Mother

On or around Tue, 07 Sep 2004 13:43:51 +0100, Mother enlightened us thusly:

now what?

I love the idea of the thing though, and the name.

Reply to
Austin Shackles