bloody fleabay.

where the f*ck have the hidden the "scheduled start" option in the new crappy "sell item" form which offers no performance enhancement over the old one?

bunch of useless knob-cheeses.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Have you used the quick seller option rather than the detailed selling button? I always use the lower (detailed) selling button, the 'scheduled start' is on the second page I think, where you can preview.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

On or around Sat, 21 Mar 2009 15:54:18 -0000, "Oily" enlightened us thusly:

I used the full one originally, in this case I'm trying to relist it.

I wouldn't trust anything ebay do do get it right anyway...

when I hit relist, it takes me to the preview page, and I can from there select "edit listing", on which page is the bit about how you want to sell it, e.g. auction, classified etc.

In that bit is the duration, starting price and so forth, but not the scheduled start bit. Nor will it add it as an option, despite what the help says.

The add options thing is broken javascript s**te, but it doesn't work in IE either, sod 'em.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Sat, 21 Mar 2009 13:28:16 +0000, Austin Shackles enlightened us thusly:

Found out the answer, by emailing them. You can only do scheduled listing if you have a valid credit card on file, and mine had expired. Pity it doesn't say that in the Help, then...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

You will soon be up and running again when Paypal revalidate all of your details again - 6 or 8 weeks should do the trick!

A similar thing happened to me a few years ago immediately after I clicked to buy a camera and Paypal stopped me paying. Apparently I had exceeded the initial (hidden in their t&c) £500 credit limit without validating my credit card. The only quick fix was for my wife to open a new ebay account and pay with her card. Getting my Paypal working again took nearly 12 weeks.

But they aren't all bad......

In order to solve the previous fiasco Paypal insisted that, despite my protests, I had to add my bank current account so the could really validate me.

A few weeks ago Paypal, in a fit of pique, just did me a BIG favour and closed my bank current account payment option. My bank had declined a Direct Debit Paypal email payment to an ebay seller so Paypal were no longer king of the castle. (I had only used that method to avoid credit card surcharges.)

Hope you are sorted soon!

Reply to
Fred