Bloody Land Rovers

Just went to start Monty & it wouldn't bloody start. We have had nothing but rain here for the last few days/weeks. Off with the distributor cap & in goes old faithful WD40. In fact I gave all the HT lead ends a good go & hey presto, after a bit of spluttering (wonder if it was a bit flooded too?) vroom!

Nige

Reply to
Nige

Maybe I had flooded it then, but it seemed fine after the WD40. The rain & fog hasn't stopped around here. Very damp & manky!

Nige

Reply to
Nige

I'd agree.

I had mine very wet indeed (it became a V7 or worse at Billing) and despite sounding like it was going to stop at any moment it never did. That was a totally standard setup, but with decent leads (not Magnecors, Bosch IIRC).

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

IME the Bosch inductive core leads are every bit the equal of the Magnecor ones, at a significantly cheaper price (doubly important to me as I have to buy Magnecor in from the UK, but Bosch is locally available).

Reply to
EMB

On or around Mon, 25 Oct 2004 10:55:23 +1300, EMB enlightened us thusly:

I got put off bosch by buying a set from Halfrauds. Probably not decent-grade ones, at about 27 quid a set, but they were crap. It might well be that Bosch also do better ones. These were thin grey ones but the main problem was that the plug caps were of inferior quality and tended to pull off the wires, leaving the metal bit attached to the plug. After 2 of them had done this I binned them.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I've not had this problem with either the thick grey, or thick black ones. The stainless steel ends seem pretty well attached IME, certainly far better than all others except the really expensive leads on my race car.

Reply to
EMB

On or around Tue, 26 Oct 2004 09:42:14 +1300, EMB enlightened us thusly:

I daresay the cheap ones are crap, like other cheap stuff. But I was disappointed with bosch stuff being crap - they used to have a good name for electrics, I guess they've moved into the cheap end of the market. this may yet prove to be unwise...

Reply to
Austin Shackles