Bolt size

Defender rear drums. Anyone care to offer the thread size of the bolt hole designed to aid removal of the drums? I make it bigger than M8 Smaller than M10. Looks like a coarse thread though, 3/8" UNC? Who knows?

(Note how I carefully avoided the phrase "jack-off"....Doh!)

Reply to
Swanning about

|| Defender rear drums. Anyone care to offer the thread size of the || bolt hole designed to aid removal of the drums? || I make it bigger than M8 Smaller than M10. Looks like a coarse || thread though, 3/8" UNC? Who knows?

I think it's 3/8" It's the middle size of those threaded rods that B&Q and the like sell in metre lengths. Note the precision of this answer :-)

|| (Note how I carefully avoided the phrase "jack-off"....Doh!)

Well avoided, although you should also avoid references to "pulling off" and "cranking".

Fnarr. I always grab it with both hands, pull it towards me and then hit the rim with a hammer. Works every time, although the wife's getting fed up.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

It's the same as the screw that holds the drum on (wheel, would stop it falling off when the wheel is removed, if the damn thing wasn't seized solid with all the crud that accumulates - the wheel actually holds it on!)

Stuart

Reply to
Srtgray

On or around Wed, 12 Jul 2006 20:24:05 +0100, "Richard Brookman" enlightened us thusly:

Those are either metric or whitworth, mind.

3/8" UNC gets my bet.
Reply to
Austin Shackles