Bolts for Water Pump - 101

Top of the pump there are two long & thin bolts which hold the bracket for the remote gearstick to the water pump.

Any one know what they are? Looks like the Early V8 Carbed RRC will have them the same but I can't find my EPC.

One snapped and left me in a dilema, now sorted but need a new bolt.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Just pop down to FWB with the 2 pieces and get them to match it for you.

Got the pump on fine then?

I fitted new shiny soundproofing onto the inside of my engine cover tonight :) You can borrow my engine cover and give it a demo to compare it to your original soundproofing if youre bored sometime!

Reply to
Tom Woods

I think the ones you are after are 1/4" UNC x 2 1/4" It's the only pair of identical bolts holding the water pump on. There are 15 bolts in all (according to the parts manual) and one stud.

6 off 1/4" UNC x 1.25" 1 off 1/4" UNC x 2" 2 off 1/4" UNC x 2.25" 1 off 5/16" UNC x 1.5" 1 off 5/16" UNC x 4.75" 4 off 5/16" UNC x 5" 1 off 5/16" UNC/UNF Stud x 2 1/8"

Part number is listed as 254008 in 101 catalogue, BH504151L in the

90/110 catalogue, but i don't think either of these is valid now.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Hell Lee the catalogue doesnt show the remote mounted on the pump its on two pages maybe more? the two small ones on the top of the mounting plate are 5/16 unc x 7/8" the front water pump to block mounting bolts are

1 off 5/16 unc x 4 3/4" and 4 off 5/16 unc x 5" all threaded only at the end I give up try
should suffice unless its in RussianDerek
Reply to
Derek

BH504151L Bolt - Water Pump/Aircon Idler Bracket - 3.5 V8 Carb - 1 7/8in £1.17 In Stock

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

On or around Mon, 19 Jun 2006 23:22:40 +0100, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

all the V8s except maybe the thor ones are UNC/UNF bolts. Bolts going into alloy are (almost) invariably UNC.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Cheers all.

Good news - Pump now fitted.

Bad news rattle is still present. It's a bearing rattle and next suspect is the Viscous unit on the fan. How much is one of these Richard? It's the four stud on the pump type.

Can I rope the fan to the shaft to check this? I.e. so it's not spinning. Just a check at tickover will suffice. I've tried it with the fan belt off and the rattle disappears.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

alert: There's more than one pattern of those.

perhaps when Richard sells you the one I returned he'll get around to issuing the refund

/nudge

Reply to
William Tasso

I got some of that at Billing a couple of years ago. Cut it to size, looked the business.

Trouble is, it REALLY does get hot in there and the heat loosened the glue holding the silver foil to the insulation... It all fell off (the silver foil, not the insulation).

Reply to
Mother

bugger. Noisekiller seemed like very nice people so i shall ring them up if it falls apart and see what they say! The old stuff had fallen apart and off too (and was leaking nasty bits of fibreglass everywhere) so its not going to be any worse.

I've seen shiny duct tape in the DIY shops. i was wondering if it would be worth going over the edges with some of that to help hold it all down?

Reply to
Tom Woods

Have you tried binding the exhausts with reflective/insulative tape to keep the heat in the exhausts? Ditto the cooling system but not so important.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

The noisekiller leadlined has been in Bob for 6 months and 3000 miles, with no signs of falling out.

There is a 101 club discount on a kit for the engine bay.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor