Brake hoses with parabolics

I'm in the process of swapping my standard springs with a set of parabolics with pro-comp shockers actually I'm in the process of removing several layers of skin from my knuckles but hey it's a land rover what I need to know is will I need to fit longer brake hoses for the articulation or will the original do?

TIA

Andy

Reply to
Andy.Smalley

Ive got parabolics along with standard brake hoses, and ive not had any trouble yet...

Reply to
Tom Woods

The truth is you will almost certainly get away with the std length hoses but for £11 each for stainless braid ones ( from me !! ) I would bin the crappy rubber ones anyway....

David LLAMA 4x4

Reply to
David_LLAMA4x4

Presumably your stainless braided ones have rubber inside the steel? In which case how does one do a visual inspection for perished rubber?

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Most of those I've seen are PTFE lined. It doesn't perish. I would expect the most common failure mode for these to be eventual stress corrosion cracking of the stainless braid.

Reply to
QrizB

When I upgraded to parabolics I changed to longer braided ones for a couple of reasons. Firstly at just over £30 they were cheap enough to say "what the heck". Secondly, the originals hadn't been change for a fair while so there was every chance that they would need changing soon.

They gave me the benefit of knowing the flexi-pipes are okay and that they won't get ripped off at full articulation. Another benefit was that I knew I had slightly more robust brakelines for when I'm playing around off-road.

Hope this helps.

Reply to
Graeme Lornie

And the pedal feels better:)