Brake Warning Light

Help! Started up my '86 110 CSW tonight and brake warning light stayed on all journey, brakes are sharp as ever, in fact they had new discs and pads on the front only 3 weeks ago when it passed its MOT. Because of this I suspect an electrical fault rather than a brake fault, has anyone got any pointers? Brake fluid container seems to be the older type without the electrical switch on the filler cap and is brimming with fluid, is this warning light also connected to a hand brake switch and if so where is this located?

Perplexed as ever...

Smudge

Reply to
Smudge

Smudge uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Is it the pads with sensors? If so check the wire hasn't chaffed through and earthed somewhere.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Brake light on your 110 is switched by switch on pressure differential valve which is mounted on the drivers footwell - four brake pipes going into it and the switch wires. Electrically there is a wire coming from the key start to a relay to the switch to the warning light. The switch should operate if you lose one half of your brakes, I've had it come on before when I lost pressure in front brakes and hit the brake pedal - frenzied pumping later moved the valve to close off the front and put all pressure to the back.

Check to make sure your back brakes are doing what they should if your brakes are still OK. Front brakes alone can stop well by themselves if up to scratch like yours sound like.

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
willie

adjust the snail cams on the rear drums as per manual. the rear shoes are moving further than they should thus activating the pressure differential thingy.

-- Mark.

"nec aspera terrent"

................................................................ Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access >>>> at

MVP

For once an easy fault to rectify. Switch connector on bottom of PDV thingy had filled with water, hence the warning light. Dried it all out and light comes on when cranking as its supposed to, and then goes out. Phew! Wallet breathes a sigh of relief...

Smudge

Reply to
Smudge

Forgot to also say thanks for all the advice...

Reply to
Smudge