Brakes

I've Changed the front brake pads Now my pressure is low and the brake peddle is mushy and goes to the floor and strugles to stop the vehicle.I can't figure out how to properly bleed thew brakes.PLEASE HELP THANKS ERIC

Reply to
ericthesalesman

You should not really have disturbed the hydraulics by fitting new pads. Have you pumped them several times to get the pistons out of the callipers? If so they should feel no different to before. You may have another problem. It sounds as if you have tried to bleed them already but possibly incorrectly. You do know that you have to stop air being sucked into the plumbing when the pedal is released?

Huw

Reply to
Huw

A clue as to what the vehicle is may help too.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Why? Brake callipers and pads are much of a muchness aren't they?

Huw

Reply to
Huw

Given the daft things Landrover used to do with Series brakes to make them impossible to bleed, no.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Sounds like undersize brake pads on oversize drums if you did n't disturb the hydraulics.

Reply to
Roger & Lorraine Martin

Shoes on drums, pads on discs.

-- Mark.

"nec aspera terrent"

................................................................ Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access >>>> at

MVP

Some calipers have 3 nipples of which 1 usually hides behind a load of crud. I've spent a few hours trying to bleed not knowning this.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Series used drums. In fact drums were and are still used on the rear of some Defenders but he interfered not with drums. In fact he should not have interfered with anything just by changing the pads. I've certainly never had to bleed brakes after a simple pad change.

Huw

Reply to
Huw