Breaking Disco: 200Tdi Engine for sale

I have a Land Rover 200Tdi engine for sale. It can current be seen running and test driven if the buyer requires before I remove it from the vehicle, it has covered 130,000 but had head gasket etc replaced at 100,000 as a matter of course. Has new water pump and has been regularly serviced but cambelt has covered 30000 miles so is just about ready for replacement (I can do this into the deal if required). I also have the LT77 gearbox which is in good order, front axle, twin sunroofs and all glass for sale plus all the usual bits and pieces for sale. I am breaking the vehicle due to the sills being an MOT failure. Front axle had new calipers and discs 10 months ago, 1 rear caliper is also new. Front seats are very good condition and have been under covers. The floorpan was also new last year and I can chop that out if anyone wants it.

A picture of the vehicle is here:

As you can see in the pic it has been chequerplated and has a lot of extras which will mean holes in the pannels they come of unfortunately but the bonnet is in good condition.

Email me if you are interested in any of the parts and we can negotiate a price.

Thanks, Fergus

Reply to
Fergus Kendall

Pity...the sills isn't that awful a job....

Neil

Neil Brownlee

Twas Sat, 28 Feb 2004 16:33:37 -0000 when "Fergus Kendall" put finger to keyboard producing:

Is that a for sale flag sticking out of the bonnet?

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk
110 CSW 2.5(na)D___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Looks to nice in the picture to break GGJ

Reply to
Gary G Jones

Is there a winch bumper on it ? is it a roller fairlead on the bumbper?

It all looks too good to break to me

Would only be a few hundred quid to repair the sills?

£150 for two inner and outer sills then £100 -£150 for somebodys time to replace.

If ther is a winch on it and ure not Trolling let me know.

Reply to
StaffBull

I'm afraid winch and all bolt on offroad toys are going on the new Disco, it's not just the sills, all the bodymountings are pretty much shot although chassis is fine, Rock sliders are pretty much holding the body on to be honest. Mechanically it is very good but taking the body off to repair properly is too big a job and the various offroad scars to the body mean it's not very saleable as a complete Disco.

The winch was bought brand new 2 weeks ago, it's a 9000lb winch and cost around £300 inc vat, can get the details of the chap selling them if you like, he's in Nottingham.

Fergus

Reply to
Fergus Kendall

If you could forward the details that would be great.

Where did you get the chequer plate kit from ?

Reply to
StaffBull

Best to contact him through Ebay, it seems to be a damn good unit for the money:

The chequerplate kit on that Disco was custom made, it's thinish stuff so it could be contoured to the doors.

Fergus

Reply to
Fergus Kendall

is this the one you have ? is it any good ? I am trying to come up with a way of mounting it to a stock bumper at the moment it looks as if it will need to be mounted behind the front bumper and then mount a roller fairlead in the big gap in the middle of the bottom part of the bumper (air scoop ?) as I dont want to change the front of the Disco in any way Another idea is to make a "cutaway" in the middle of the original bumper which I'll remove when I want to use the winch. I'll get there in the end !

StaffBull