Breaking discovery for parts...

Well, we are now the owners of a 200Tdi for the ambulance project, but its still wrapped up in a Discovery.

All previous postings on 3.5 V8 are now redundant. Please accept my thanks.

Now, anyone want any bits from a 1991 Disco ? Or of course a 3.5 V8 ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Maybe the V8, what's it's engine number?

Nick

Reply to
Nicknelsonleeds

Oh yes,

Has it got a load cover, what colour are the doors? Has it got a battery clamp (I haven't got one). has it got a decent gearstick gaiter (black square thing).

It feels like Christmas.

mail me on andrew"at"preaching.co.uk (take out the at and put in @ without the speech marks of course)

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Renshaw

In news:4138ded4$0$22756$ snipped-for-privacy@news.zen.co.uk, Steve Taylor blithered:

Someone in here was looking on account of the demise of cyl 7 on his.

Reply to
GbH

On or around Fri, 03 Sep 2004 22:15:00 +0100, Steve Taylor enlightened us thusly:

does it look like it has a working heater?

'cos my sod doesn't.

and whereabouts in the country - I'd be willing to travel a bit to extract such an item, seeing as it's about a 2-hour job unless the dash has already been stripped from the car.

can the heater matrix go "short-circuit" so that hot water flows through it but no heat emerges from the heater?

The only other thing that could be causing it is an internal demise of the mixer flaps in the box. all the external controls appear nominal. no heat either on recirc or on fresh air. Hot water in pipes to and from heater and it must be circulating 'cos it's in the same circuit as the vapouriser, and that's getting normally hot - if there was no hot water circulation, the vap. would be freezing.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Does it have a beige interior? If yes how much are you asking for the center console? (the one that runs between the two front seats) I do not need the switches or anything else apart from the console itself. But it will have to be sent to Greece by post if you can do it.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

in article 4138ded4$0$22756$ snipped-for-privacy@news.zen.co.uk, Steve Taylor at snipped-for-privacy@thetaylorfamily.org.uk wrote on 3/9/04 10:15 pm:

Have you got all the actuators that will work the central locking also the motors for the electric windows as some of ours are definately on the way out. What state are the seats in? Also something I've been after for ages it the actual plastic cover that goes round the steering column, which I can take a pic of if you like and post webshots. I can't think of anything else off the top of my head. Where abouts are you? Is Leicester far from you?

Nikki

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

Nikki,

You can get replacement CL actuators from Maplin for around £4.95 each - they are the 2-wire variety and will need bullet connectors crimped onto their leads, but they work fine - I'm using them in my Disco just now.

They look very different, but the mounts are identical and they work very well.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

Nope

Scratched Ionian

Neither have I.

YES !

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Where is the EIN ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Sorry Pantelis, its a blue one.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Front seats look pretty good, better than the one I saw last week which were thoroughly manky.

Go on - I think its OK

What is "far"....You're around 2 hours from us or thereabouts.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Lizzy proposes we have a "DIY" weekend - "dismantle it yourself" all interested denizens of this group are invited to come. Plasma cutters, angle grinders with cutting disks, oxy-acetylene torch will be available, no reasonable offers on the bits will be refused.

WE'RE HAVING THE ENGINE

and possibly the gearbox ?? Or will it be too small for a 101 ambi ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Between and just below the middle pair of spark plugs on the right hand bank (looking from the front).

DIY idea is great BTW.

Nick

Reply to
Nicknelsonleeds

in article 413b4bf5$0$22748$ snipped-for-privacy@news.zen.co.uk, Steve Taylor at snipped-for-privacy@thetaylorfamily.org.uk wrote on 5/9/04 6:25 pm:

Should have asked the colour before I started. Ours is beige and yours is blue, so not good.

North, East, South or West of Leicester?

Still interested in the window and lock actuators

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

in article snipped-for-privacy@chunky.intra.geekstuff.me.uk, Paul S. Brown at snipped-for-privacy@geekstuff.tv wrote on 5/9/04 5:11 pm:

I'll mention it to him. Thanks.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

Can I have your gearstick gaiter then please. Can I offer you say £3 or do you want a bit more.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Renshaw