BT news server?

Anyone else using BT's news server? It's normally pretty good, but in the last few days it's been missing lots of posts - some threads about 1 in 2, so I can only reconstruct a conversation from the bits left unsnipped in the remaining posts ;-) Anyone else had problems?

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Had this happen to me a few years ago now, so it's obviously something they do every now and again. I got so fed up with it that I went and used the famous free German news server which I can highly recommend. You register first, and they will accept ( snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net) as your email address, they send you the passwords etc, then you configure your OE6 which I see you use. Full explanation given on their site on how to do it (in English!) :-)

Bob Hobden

pleased to hear that. Thought it was just me! I would agree though, normally quite good.

I was putting it down to not logging on every day and some of the messages had expired quickly as I have been doing a lot of decorating recently, and this is the third or fourth time I have sat down in front of the PC in 2 weeks.

Still SWMBO now has a lounge, we just have to choose a carpet. I'm not allowed to choose the table though. I have an old V8 engine block which I was going to clean up in the diptank at work and then install in the lounge with a sheet of toughened safety glass over the top, then you would be able to still see the bores and pistons through the glass. I thought it would make an interesting talking point, but she insists that I am not allowed any more engines in the lounge..... Shame really because it would be a nicer job to grind in the valves sat on the sofa watching the TV......

Just the kitchen to finish and I can begin looking for a new toy!

-- Simon Isaacs

Peterborough 4x4 Club Vice Chairman, Newsletter Editor and Webmaster (how much more....)

3.5V8 100" Hybrid, now LPG converted Part owner of 1976 S3 LWT, Fully restored, ready for sale! Make me an offer! Suzuki SJ410 (Fiancée's) 3" lift kit fitted, body shell now restored and mounted on chassis, waiting on a windscreen and MOT Series 3 88" Rolling chassis...what to do next 1993 200 TDi Discovery (the Pug 106 is dead, long live the Pug)

Peterborough 4x4 Club

Simon Isaacs