Budget & Fuel Duty on Veggie Oil

Hi all,

Some good news to share.....

Been thinking for some time about using vegetable oil in my Land Rover and thought I'd contact Customs % Excise for the correct forms. These are now in post (EX103 if you are interested)

The adviser then went on to tell me that in the summer the additional duty will be removed which is great news! I have to register for the interim period and will be informed when I can stop paying the extra.

The only restriction is that you need to be a small user / producer using / making a maximum of 2500 Litres per year.

Regards

RichardB

Reply to
RichardB

Straight or "converted"?

Certainly is and will be a far bigger incentive to be truely "green" than punative increases in VED.

I wonder what the local chippee does with their waste VO? Converting it, from what I've read, seems a bit iffy unless you really know what you are doing. But provided the rubber bits of the fuel system of a DII TD5 can tolerate filtred SVO I'd not be adverse to running on it or the smell...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I haven't been able to find anything about this change online anywhere. Can anyone point me at any facts? TIA.

Reply to
Andrew

Not seen anything published yet. The information I got came from Customs & Excise help desk. The lady read out information that is on their intranet.

There is quite a bit of chatter about it here...

RichardB

Reply to
RichardB

Thanks Richard. I'll keep watching..