bump stops

Hi all, are the brackets which are welded to the under side rails on old Range Rovers which hold the bump stops obtainable as a part to weld on, mine have rusted away.

Rich

-- To reply remove " spam "

Reply to
Rich

Not that I'm aware of.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Thanks I suppose I will have to fabricate my own then.

Rich

-- To reply remove " spam "

Reply to
Rich

eh?

-- Subaru WRX (Annabel)

Landrover 110 County Station Wagon (Tyson)

'"Say hello to my little friend"

Reply to
Nige

Ah, this is what I put in my first post a couple of days ago.

Hi all, are the brackets which are welded to the under side rails on old Range Rovers which hold the bump stops obtainable as a part to weld on, mine have rusted away.

Rich

Reply to
Rich

Ah right, thought you had chucked a whitey!!

Shouldn't be too much trouble to get it sorted. Get measurements & take it to a local metal workers, they could knock it up in 5 minutes for you!

-- Subaru WRX (Annabel)

Landrover 110 County Station Wagon (Tyson)

'"Say hello to my little friend"

Reply to
Nige

Yes, I am now going to manufacture my own myself as it seems that they are not something you can get. but just thought it might save some time if I could just buy them and weld them on. Do you know off hand what the original thickness is of the main chassis rails have some plasmaring and welding to do have not had a chance to try and measure the thickness so I have asked..

Rich

no been having trouble with being able to see my posts, been on to ntl and they say they have sorted it :-)

to a local metal workers, they

Reply to
Rich

Yes, I am now going to manufacture my own myself as it seems that they are not something you can get. but just thought it might save some time if I could just buy them and weld them on. Do you know off hand what the original thickness is of the main chassis rails have some plasmaring and welding to do have not had a chance to try and measure the thickness so I have asked..

Rich

Reply to
Rich

On or around Sat, 13 Aug 2005 19:17:16 GMT, "Rich" enlightened us thusly:

'bout 2mm, I think.

Reply to
Austin Shackles