Buying a disco number of previous owners

looking around at disco's just wondering what people's views are on how many previous owners cars have had, i feel that the fewer the better. my thinking on this is if i buy a car that is reliable i keep it for year's, if i keep having problem's with it i get rid. preferably i want a one/two previous owned vehicle. would the number of previous owners put other people off? i suppose when you think about it three owners on a ten year old car is not excessive, i just tend to keep vehicles for many years.

Paul.

Reply to
Paul

But don't forget on Petrol V8's the owner factor is multiplied by 2 for those who aren't at one with the consumption and drive pattern maker.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

When I purchased my 96 Disco in 2000 it had had 4 owners by then. Uh oh alarm bells, its been an absolute dream to drive and service, nothing out of the blue except the timing belt snapping 19 miles before its service, which was to have the timing belt done !!!

Dave

Reply to
Dave H

in article snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, Paul at snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com wrote on 6/5/05 6:24 pm:

Same here. We have had the old Dicovery since 1997 and it had had one previous owner. The RR has had a few more, but the guy we bought it from in

1998 had had it for 7 years and looked after it very well. He had all LRO mags in bound folders from issue 1 and no expense was spared on it. The only reason he sold it was to pay for his wife's knee op.
Reply to
Nikki

How much damage was done Dave? TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

Luckily not very much at all. Even got Landrover to pay 50% of the bill :) Thanks to Williams in Manchester.

Dave

Reply to
Dave H