camel info

does anyone know of a good website about camel trophy land rovers? I'm particularly interested in details of the modifications/extras added to each of the Land Rovers, particularly interested in the discos as I'm getting one soon (standard). and the history of the event. I've looked on google and turn-up alot of rubbish so asking here if anyone can recommend a site.

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP

Mark Hi,

I would suggest the following :

  1. Join the cameltrophyvehicles discussion group at
  2. Visit this site
    which is the current site for the Camel Trophy Owners Club (CTOC) until the new site is set up.
  3. Join the Camel Trophy Owners Club (you can ask for details in the cameltrophyvehicles discussion group and the responsible officer will get in touch with you. Alternatively, if I remember well, there is relevant form in the cameltrophy site.
  4. A dedicated forum is now under final testing and when it will be ready you will hear about it in the discussion group.

All the above comes from the listowner and moderator of the cameltrophyvehicles discussion group and one of the three co-founders of the CTOC so consider this as an invitation also.

Take care Pantelis Giamarellos

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

Much as I'm a fan of the trophy vehicles and the event (please ditch the G4 and bring the old camel back), my soon-to-buy disco won't be a camel nor a camel replica... invitation still stand?

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP

Moose just doesn't have the same ring to it though ;0)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Mark Hi,

the discussion group, the Club and the forum are open for all friends of the Camel Trophy event and its vehicles so of course the invitation still stands. You can find a lot of useful information about the preparation and additional/upgraded equipment fitted on the CT specs vehicles and therefore make the upgrading/modification of your vehicle easier if you are interested to do something like that.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos