Can any one with a '95 onward defender....

Tell me if this is the lamp that fits in the roof liner just infront (as you look at it) of the rear view mirror?

I have a hole to fill and want to be sure its the right one.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

The EPC confirms that this is an interior light for the Defender from MA939976 (does this cover yours?). Unfortunately there is no picture showing where it fits. It's linked to part numbers for door courtesy light switches.

There's a mounting bracket, too, which you may recognise from the picture. It's different-looking to that for the two earlier light units (1987-2006).

There is another roof light mentioned, described as "interior roof lamp" which is depicted as a more angular looking thing.

If you'd like a copy of the picture send me your e-mail address (make the obvious change).

Reply to
Dougal

Cheers....

Mine is a 1990 TD CSW but I've just put a new roof liner in it which is er.... who knows. Presumed new spec but could have been in storage.

My email is anything at all at lrproject d. o t co-m

I have no bracket which could be a downer :-(

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

You have mail - I hope.

Reply to
Dougal

Thanks Dougal. I'm off out in a min... I'll post a picture of the hole I have in the roof liner later. The chassis number will be no good to anyone as the roof liner is clearly from a much newer spec model though fits ok. I'd rather put the correct lamp in their than cobble a plate together to dit the old glass type lamp that used to be betwen the front and rear row of seats.

I think the picture will help as folk should know if the lamp linked origionally is fitted to their motor in the same postion. I guess it will be the one you posted mind but good to be sure.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Identical to the one on my 90 CSW built 1995 and registered Jan 1996

Tell me if this is the lamp that fits in the roof liner just infront (as you look at it) of the rear view mirror?

I have a hole to fill and want to be sure its the right one.

Lee D

Reply to
Julian Pollard

Tell me if this is the lamp that fits in the roof liner just infront (as you look at it) of the rear view mirror?

I have a hole to fill and want to be sure its the right one.

Lee D

Looks identical to the one in my 90 TD5 PU registered Feb 2003

Joskin

Reply to
Joskin