Can't do Oct. unoffical :-( but sorted for France.

The bad news, I'm too much in demand at work, I can get the middle of the week off but neither weekend either end of the half term.:-(

If you chaps are doing owt that works it's way in to the week then We'll tag along but shout up quick as otherwise we'll book 3 or 4 nights probably in North wales or maybe Derbyshire Peaks just do get out of the house.

On the other hand the good news is I have managed to get leave for summer '08 July the 18th to 10th of August so France is on for us if thats a popular holiday period with everyone else.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

we don;t break up until 25th July, and I'm tied down for summer school for the first week of the holidays, so unlikely for us with those dates.

-- "For those who are missing Blair - aim more carefully."

To reply direct rot13 me

bURRt the 101 Camper

200TDi Disco with rotten floor 200 TDi DIsco, "the offroader" 1976 S3 Lightweight
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Where & when is it mateys?

Reply to
Nige

Simon Isaacs uttered summat worrerz funny about:

I thought little man was over there for the first 2 weeks? I'm confused.

Not to worry, was all probably a bit of a pipe dream anyway - that said I think were still going for the outlined plan if anyone wishes to tag along. Dates above being the leave I have - not necessarily the dates for the trip in'it. Thats usually dictated by ferries (more so on Biscay crossings) and sites specifying arrival days or minimum stays.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

October? - Nowt definate yet. some discussion on

with Bill I think doing some reccys.

France? South of Dover, no dates set yet ;-)

Reply to
Lee_D

Lincolnshire seem to be having totally different holidays to the rest of the UK this year for some reason, but works to our advantage for Easter this year, the peak period is over by the time we all start our holiday!

-- "For those who are missing Blair - aim more carefully."

To reply direct rot13 me

bURRt the 101 Camper

200TDi Disco with rotten floor 200 TDi DIsco, "the offroader" 1976 S3 Lightweight
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Simon Isaacs uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Aye... Must be twinned with Austinshire ;-)

We are hoping to take advantage of the fact Mrs_D will be on marternity leave and take the kids out for a week to reap the benifits of cheaper hols during or around May / June in addition to the main summer hit.

We're looking to do sumat different / specialas it's our tenth anniversary next year. :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Treat her like a Disco - trade her in on a newer model ;-)

Reply to
EMB

On or around Wed, 12 Sep 2007 18:23:28 +0100, Simon Isaacs enlightened us thusly:

We have Good Friday, 21st March as the first day of the Easter break, then go back on Monday 7th April.

I did hear of somewhere else that was having Easter holidays not-at-easter, unless that was your lot - seemed that they'd not bothered to adjust it since last year when Easter was late.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

That'll be us, we have the Good Friday and Bank Holiday Monday, back for two weeks, then 2 weeks off!!

-- "For those who are missing Blair - aim more carefully."

To reply direct rot13 me

bURRt the 101 Camper

200TDi Disco with rotten floor 200 TDi DIsco, "the offroader" 1976 S3 Lightweight
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

On or around Thu, 13 Sep 2007 20:57:59 +0100, Simon Isaacs enlightened us thusly:

Madness. I wonder who else has that?

Actually, it'd make life easier if they fixed the date of the Easter holidays. do it form the last weekend in March to the second weekend in April and it'd include Easter weekend most years anyway. it's not common for Easter to be as early as it is this year.

This is one of the financial years with 2 easters, by the way... ISTR last year didn't have one. Makes long-term budgeting more difficult, I'm given to understand.

Reply to
Austin Shackles